Apprenticeship BAC+4/5 Buyer (H/F)
Now is the time to join a progressive team with a strong culture, positive mind-set and high energy that continues to redefine what is possible. Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products and services that add real business value.
Within the Exhaust After-Treatment Systems department, we are looking for 1 Apprenticeship Buyer.
This part-time apprenticeship one-year mission will start September 1st 2020 and be based in Lyon (France). Duration and modalities could be adjusted based on your school’s constraints.
As Buyer, you will be accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on their respective segments by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
Reactivity, customer-focus, target oriented, pro-activeness: take the opportunity to run your own business!
• Contribute to segment strategies & be an active member in the global network of buyers
• Secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan
• Contribute to all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR (*) targets during Sourcing and/or Project phase together with buyers from the team
• Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with Supplier Quality & Delivery team
• Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
• Manage and negotiate product/processes changes
• Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
• Cost reduction ideas generation (deep dive and portfolio analysis)
• Prepare cross functional work with other functions (engineering, logistic, manufacturing) to implement such ideas
• Monitor, identify and mitigate risks
• Actively contribute to the team development, by bringing improvement ideas, support your peers, sharing good cases and ask for support when needed.
Who are you?
We are looking for a strong and flexible team player, eager to learn and improve.
You have a can-do approach: you have a positive mindset, high level of energy, and you are ready to tackle challenges,
You like to do business, you demonstrate superior communication skills and you are comfortable in cross-functional and multi-cultural set-up,
You enjoy managing many parallel activities and you have a target oriented approach,
You are following an engineering or business school academic training, targeting a Master of Science or Business Administration, you are fluent in English,
Former experience in Purchasing, technical background and automotive experience are considered as assets
• Financial analysis
• Cost Management
• Project Management
• Production & Supply chain
• Quality Management
• Legal Management
• Relevant process & system knowledge
Please submit your application in English
GTP strives to be a multicultural and global organization. We welcome applicants which can even further increase our diversity.
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, fun ... The Volvo Group is the 5th on the ranking HappyTrainees 2020!
94% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
And 90% of graduation success reinforces our motivation to welcome you.
Volvo Group Purchasing dispose d'un budget de 125 milliards de SEK pour l'achat et fait appel à 2 550 fournisseurs pour la production en série. Rien que pour l'activité Camions, 2 milliards de pièces ont été livrées dans 40 usines du monde entier. Toujours à l'affût des fournisseurs les plus performants avec lesquels travailler, nous proposons les meilleurs produits et services possibles pour apporter de la valeur ajoutée à nos clients. Nous soutenons la mission du groupe Volvo, qui est de contribuer à un monde prospère par des solutions de transport, en appliquant à nos processus d'achat les concepts d'approvisionnement durable et les principes définis dans le Code de conduite.
Lorsque vous rejoignez Volvo Group Purchasing, vous intégrez un réseau international regroupant plus de 1 300 professionnels répartis sur 50 sites différents dans 25 pays. Nous proposons des opportunités uniques de tisser des liens avec des interlocuteurs à tous les échelons et nous travaillons avec passion pour accélérer votre carrière en développant vos compétences.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.