Do you want to be a part of creating the future? We at Volvo Group are constantly moving and changing to be one step ahead in this technology journey. We at Volvo Group Trucks Technology are always adapting and pushing ourselves to be able to develop new breakthrough transport solutions. We always strive to be more energy efficient, more sustainable and safer for society. That is why we at the department of Analytics Operation are now looking for several new talents and one of them is a Data Scientist. Do you want to join us in this journey? Then keep reading.
This is us, your new colleagues
We at Analytics Operation work to always stay on top when it comes to offering great products for data science and Advanced Analytics in the Quality and Customer Satisfaction area. These are mostly used internally to find errors and improve our overall quality in our trucks. We are an agile team of about 10 people, but we are growing and looking to become an even bigger team very soon. Our way of work is new to us, that is why we are driven by curiosity and it is important for us to think outside of the box and try new things to be able to best succeed in our new agile work ways. We are very much driven by our passion for what we do and we also value great communication – because without communication we cannot work with so much flexibility and trust as we do today. Lastly, we strongly believe that a helpful team who is passionate about what they do is the key for an effective and good work environment.
As our new data scientist you will take full responsibility for all steps of an analytic assignment, from data and business value exploration, data structuring, modeling or problem solving. You will deliver all steps independently, but also work closely with colleagues in France, US and India. As a part of a global network, you are contributing to the development of the global analytics product portfolio. That includes setting business requirements on new developments such as new data integration, or implementing new analytics functionality. With your creative thinking and problem-solving skills will contribute to solving some complex challenges in the areas of data mining and optimization. In this way of work you will contribute to Quality of Volvos end product development in all areas where our analytics tools are used.
Your main activities and responsibilities will be:
- As a data scientist you are responsible for providing data analytics and predictive, diagnostic and prescriptive modeling within our organization
- You will be actively finding new ways to decrease quality related issues and increase Uptime for our customers.
- You provide operational support and analytic problem solving to a wide array of projects, pilots and ad-hoc requests
- You will develop and implement analytic products to support and enhance PQLs and PQs roles making forecasts and predictions, e.g. on quality and warranty issues of software and components in different vehicle models.
We believe that you are well oriented in the area of Advanced Analytics and you keep a constant watch on how the trends are evolving in the markets. You also have a very good knowledge on how to translate trends into real value and business results in both our work and into our users day to day pain points. You have analytical and statistical skills so you can recognize patterns in data, information, or events and make recommendations on the most suitable models and statistical approaches. We also believe that you refrain from traditional patterns of thinking, and instead you apply new and evolving ideas, methods, and technologies. You are able to identify new opportunities and convince peers, managers and cross-functional internal stakeholders to test out the new approach.
To succeed in this role we believe that you have
- Master of Science or equivalent in Engineering, Statistics, or Computer Sc.
- 5 – 7 years of experience within an analytics area, preferably Data Scientist
- Proficiency in personal computers and network applications and you have aptitude to learn new program features and application software
- An attention to detail. You can monitor adherence to standards and actively check for accuracy of data received before passing it on.
- A broad information technology experience. You understand systems architecture, data life cycle management, data processing, engineering, and programming concepts.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.