Intern: Graphic Designer, Brand Management (Fall 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Mack Truck Brand by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and to the Company.
Responsibilities / Main tasks / Targets:
We are seeking a Graphic Design student who lives and breathes design, typography, color theory, and composition. You will be responsible for creating stunning visuals for both print and digital media for the Mack Trucks brand. You will work within the Export team to translate marketing and brand strategies into comps that represent the brand strongly and consistently in print and code. You will also work with the commercial team to adapt current assets for use throughout the Latin American markets.
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Possess expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Completely fluent in both English and Spanish
This position will require up to 40 hours per week from August 24th to December 18th.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be pursuing a Graphic Design degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo editing software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.