Component Engineer - Driveline
Inside GTT (Group Truck Technology), Volvo has decided to strengthen its position in India by establishing a complete powertrain development entity for engine, transmission and axle. If you want to be part of the birth of a completely new team with great challenges and opportunities in a dynamic Indian, Chinese and South East Asian Truck market, this is the right opportunity for you. Our ambition is to develop drivelines for trucks in those markets aiming to satisfy our customers. We will also support our Global sites with engineering expertise. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
We are now looking for a:
To be part of the axle development team and as a Component engineer Driven Axles your task is:
To develop and maintain Driven Axle components within Powertrain Engineering Bangalore for Value Trucks
- Manage the Driven Axles from In house and Vendors by respecting design rules, installation requirements and Volvo standards.
- To coordinate development with supplier and insure release of the CAD models and drawings for the parts and their documentation in the Volvo systems.
- Support for the definition of the Propeller shafts
- Update and/or create needed documents to design the components (Technical Regulation, Installation requirements).
- Anchor its design work and QDCF, by interacting with other teams within the company (Product Development, Purchasing, Manufacturing, After-Market, Quality, Product Range Management, Brands) and with our external suppliers.
- Prepare Verification plan and Validate its design with required simulation/rigs/vehicles
- Solve field quality issues
- Perform cost improvements
- In relation with our suppliers, defining the technical strategies and policies for the future
- Support platform in definition of the design and verification guidelines for the components
- Validating cost estimates for projects and maintenance items.
You must have the ability to communicate easily with external suppliers, Powertrain platform center and other sites.
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate/Post Graduate or other equivalent education.
- 3 to 6 years of practical experience within Powertrain
- At least 1 years of practical experience in developing Axle components.
- Fully competent in Pro-Engineer (3D, drawings).
- Good knowledge in Casting, Gears Manufacturing
- English : Fluent.
- Team player
- Customer oriented
- Open, multi-cultural and positive mindset
- Structured and Synthetic
- Clear in communication
- Strong network builder
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.