Position Title: Financial Accountant
The main purpose of the position is to be responsible for performing relevant accounting activities in accordance with local and IFRS reporting standards and ensures compliance to local financial and tax legislations. The accountant will assist the Finance Manager across the full spectrum of financial accounting operations.
Reporting: This role will report to the Financial Manager
- Posts journal entries, reconciles accounts and maintains a complete and accurate general ledger.
- Prepares and delivers financial reporting according to local rules, laws and regulations, as well as in compliance with IFRS and Volvo Group reporting standards
- Performs month-end close responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner to ensure accurate reporting.
- Processes daily banking transactions and monitors liquidity)
- Conducts the tax reporting according to local rules, including the tax pack and handle any queries and variances.
- Supports continuous process improvements within the accounting and finance function.
- Ensures practices are in compliant with good internal controls.
- Participates in ad-hoc analysis based on business needs.
Education & Job Experience
- B.Comm Accounting or B.Com Honours
- Relevant professional qualification in financial accounting, eg. CPA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA etc
- 1 - 3 years of experience working in accounting
- Experience within the Commercial vehicle or Financial Service industry.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in financial accounting, reporting and consolidation, financial planning, business analysis and tax, preferably in the financial service industry.
- Understanding of financial services and the relevant IFRS reporting
- Knowledge of reporting and planning procedures within a multi-national environment preferred
- Attitude to solve problems and find the right solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to classify and manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills - advance excel skills
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Planning and Organising
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Writing and Reporting
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Working with People
- Relating and Networking
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.