Purchasing Manager, Project & Operations
- Manage site project & Operation buyer team
- Achieve the purchasing objectives in accordance with the site needs
- Member of site/brand management team.
- Manage all project and operational supplier relations, after supplier selection decision.
- Ensure suppliers readiness for production, including all needed system updates, capacity development, tooling, etc.
- Provide Business needs and requirements to Sourcing Directors, from region and/or general perspective.
- Manage front loading to sourcing team related to site/ country project and operation targets, demands as well as input on supplier performance.
- Follow – up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation of agreed terms and conditions.
- Manage the purchasing related activities with site / country (SIPD activities after production supplier selection, BRMS, LPS, Supplier improvement programs, CR Workshops, etc)
- Secure purchasing input and support for bus tenders.
- Secure commercial offers for CA requests as well availability of CA parts (including Aftermarket).
- Lead the work to negotiate and sign supplier agreements related to CA segments.
- Manage the suppliers relationships related to project and operational activities.
- Appoint P&O segment buyers within the department.
- Support synergy activities between sites in the region.
- Manage the development of staff under supervision.
- Work in accordance with Volvo processes, Values and Policies.
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration and / or Engineering
- Strong negotiator with 5-10 years of purchasing experience within the automotive industry.
- Analytical, logical and structured with strong interest in this area.
- Ability to take initiatives, drive change and implement improvements.
- Business understanding and customer focus.
- Strong Leadership, communication and relation building skills.
- Ability to operate under frequent pressure of time
- International experience and work with other cultures is an advantage.
- Experience in management of international team will be a strong asset
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Material Cost Level
Lead-time & MOQ
Program milestones and introduction of changes
No missing materials.
Tultitlán, Edo. Méx.
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.