Intern: Business Control (Mack) (Summer 2019)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities with Volvo Trucks Sales & Marketing by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Trucks Sales & Marketing.
Responsibilities / Main tasks / Targets:
The Mack Business Control internship position is an excellent opportunity for a student pursuing a career in Accounting and/or Finance to see how the lessons from accounting and finance class actually work in the real world. In this role primary responsibility will be to understand and perform financial analysis of truck sales deals, to do a variety of activities:
- Profitability analysis on New Truck Sales to catch outliers that need further research. (and then do that research to determine what happened and how to fix it).
- Profitability analysis on New Truck Sales to do identify profitability trends, to be used in forecasting and assisting with setting Price Guidance for New Truck sales.
- Credit and Debit Request analysis: determine the validity of follow-on transactions for the truck deal.
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Pursuing an Accounting degree, or business degree with strong accounting background
- Data, detail, and accuracy oriented
- MS-Excel skills and general systems skills / willingness to learn systems that are unique to Mack and Volvo
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business and/or Marketing curriculum at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.