ESW Application Engineer
Position DescriptionDiagnostic Engineering is now seeking an ESW Application Engineer with an excellent opportunity to play the role of Product Owner within an agile team for Workshop Systems. Aftermarket Technology Diagnostic Engineering is a Group function within Group Trucks Technology innovating, developing, maintaining and delivering Diagnostic Service Based Solutions for Volvo products on the aftermarket. Main deliverable is Tech Tool for AB Volvo workshops diagnostics with more than 43 000 active installations and more than 50 000 active users in 157 countries.
You would be part of a Global team working in Agile methodology in line with Product Ownership setup for “Tech Tool and Central Systems” where you act as an Agile Product Owner or Requirement/Business Analyst within one of the Agile team. The Agile team integrates with the Program and other teams where your main focus is to work closely within Agile team comprising Product Owner, Scrum master, Business Analyst, IT Architect, IT Solution Developers and Testers.
Your responsibilities in this role will entail to :
- Collect business needs and participate in program backlog refinement.
- Elicit information about business needs from Product Manager and affected stakeholders.
- Break down the identified needs into Features and user stories.
- Collaborate with team, develop one or more solution proposals, recommend and detail a final solution proposal
- Owns team backlog, Priorities and plan for Iteration increments.
- Drive innovation to add value to the products and services by doing Proof of concept, Data Analysis, App development.
To be successful in your new role we want you have the following knowledge/experience :
- Bachelor/Master in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in agile way of working (Scrum, SAFe etc) preferred
- Highly effective communication skills in English
- Minimum 3 years work experience in software application development area
- Knowledge and Experience on Embedded Software, Electronics Systems, Mobile App development, Web Applications, .Net, JAVA would be preferred
- Knowledge about Automotive and Vehicle Diagnostics is a merit
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.