Function developer decision and control – Vehicle Automation
At the forefront of Research and Development in the automotive industry, Volvo Group Trucks Technology offers you the opportunity to join our team in charge of algorithm and software development for Traffic Situation Management for Automated Vehicles. The team belongs to the Vehicle Automation department which has the responsibility to lead the development of Vehicle Automation and Active Safety systems for the full life-cycle enabling tomorrow’s trucks.
The Traffic Situation Management team’s main responsibility is to take the product ownership over time for automated Traffic Situation Management including research, concept studies, industrialization and maintenance in the areas of:
- Predicting future states for both the ego vehicle and the surrounding traffic
- Deciding which action the ego vehicle should take
- Creating the trajectory that executes the decision and controls the ego vehicle
- Ensuring the safety of the planned action and trajectory
To succeed in this job, we would like you to bring:
- A Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, robotics, mathematics or similar technical field of study
- Experience of motion planning and control e.g. trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, numerical optimization etc., preferably in the automotive domain
- Knowledge of data structures, advanced algorithms and programming in C++ for robust, safety-critical and efficient code
- Proven analytical and collaboration skills to effectively solve complex problem together with your colleagues
If the description above matches you and you would like to join our team on a journey to success, we are eager to receive your application letter and CV in English.
For further information you are welcome to contact:
Julia Nilsson, Manager Traffic Situation Management, Phone +46 739021344
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.