Experienced Embedded Software Application Engineer
At the forefront of Research and Development in the automotive industry, Volvo Group Truck Technology (GTT) offers you the opportunity to become a part of the Traffic Situation Management team for ADAS and Active safety. The team is part of the Vehicle Automation department which has the responsibility to lead the development of Vehicle Automation and Active Safety systems for the full life-cycle enabling tomorrow's trucks. Vehicle Automation is part of Vehicle Engineering, responsible for developing vehicle components and systems for the different brands within the Volvo Group.
Who are we?
The ADAS and active safety group today consists of about 20 driven engineers. We work tightly together in agile teams where helping and supporting each other in our daily delivery is just as important as our personal development on the journey towards our common goals. We work in the whole chain from requirement generation and concept design to function development, simulation, rapid prototyping, tests in prototype trucks, but also in the later Product Development phases and projects.
The scope of the team is Traffic Situation Management within Driver Assistance and active safety which essentially means to take care of the immediate traffic situation the truck is in.
Based on sensor input we predict future states for both the ego vehicle and surrounding traffic and decide which action the truck should take. We also create the path that executes the decision and control the truck to follow the planned path.
Examples of functionalities being developed by our team are: Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Emergency Braking Support, Lane Departure Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition.
As a member of our team, your main tasks can be some of the below:
- Develop SW and algorithms for deciding the action of the automated truck and also controlling its motion.
- Sensor fusion
- Trouble shooting and integration
- Writing use cases and test cases on different levels
- Writing and Managing Requirements and Functional safety work, HARA, TARA etc.
- Elaborate high level strategies and control logic to enable targeted customer features short and long term
Who are you?
You enjoy team work but at the same time you are able to work independently and drive development on your own. You have a positive attitude and the willingness and ability to take initiatives to progress and deliver. We believe that you are curious, flexible, open-minded and eager to continuously improve your skills and drive the team’s collaboration. You have an innovative, pragmatic, collaborative and creative mind-set of handling technical challenges.
- You have a master’s degree in Engineering Physics, Automation, Signal processing, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Science or similar
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience within the field of software development of ADAS or Active safety systems or similar
- You have a strong technical background, with software experience and interest in several of the following areas
- Embedded systems and software development and architecture
- System and software development in Simulink, Matlab and/or C/C++
- Systems modeling and simulation
- Rapid prototyping of SW and implementing in related tools e.g. dSpace, or xPC
- Agile development
- Continuous integration
- Sensor fusion
For further information, please contact:
Martin Brinck, Group Manager, +46 313225119
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.