We are now looking to recruit a Frontline Technician to join our Glasgow West Team.
- a competitive hourly rate
- Time and a half after 39 hours
- Enhanced overtime rates
- Shift allowance
- On call allowance
- Payments per call out.
Day Shift – 07.00 to 15.15 Monday to Thursday and 07.00 to 14.30 Friday
However, some flexibility may be required.
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG!
We belong to Volvo Group, and we share an aim of becoming the world leader in sustainable transport solutions. It’s ambitious, but so are we.
Go for everything that matters – What do you want from your job as Frontline Technician? If you’re like us and think that everything matters - -challenging technology, industry leadership, career opportunities and great team spirit – then Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Glasgow West is the place for you.
As a Frontline Technician you will be a key interface between the dealership(s) and the bus and coach customers in the region by building strong personal relationships and providing industry leading levels of customer service and technical support.
WHO WE ARE
At Volvo we believe in a work climate characterised by respect for the individual – your voice is heard and your ideas matter. The challenging jobs that we offer in a dynamic environment open the way for personal development and stimulating career opportunities. Our diverse workplace brings together people from all walks of life, with high skill levels and a diversity of outlooks.
We believe that diversity and inclusion increase engagement, generates innovation and develops our business. Along with challenging and stimulating tasks, all these things make Volvo Truck and Bus Centre an interesting place to work.
As one of approximately 95,000 Volvo Group employees all over the world, you will be treated with respect. Together we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute to their full potential and be accepted for who they are.
At Volvo Truck and Bus we believe our employees are our greatest assets to enable us to deliver excellent service to our Customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals, positive working relationships between staff and managers where ideas are valued.
We offer in-house Volvo training and industry recognised qualifications in aspects of vehicle diagnostics and repair which would include new product developments such as LNG, Hybrid and Electric vehicles.
- To pro-actively visit bus & coach customers within the dealership area (or agreed territory) to build relationships and raise awareness of Frontline services.
- To pro-actively prospect for and seize opportunities for new / additional retail work (service & parts)
- To pro-actively plan and load own workload in order to achieve agreed targets
- To provide superior diagnostic and repair skills in support of customer problems / needs.
- To take responsibility for field based commercial decisions with customers.
- To work within locally agreed targets / objectives.
- To provide daily feedback to Frontline Support manager on any non-productive hours
- To pro-actively support other Frontline technicians in the region
- To provide temporary cover for other Frontline technicians (holiday, illness, training etc)
- To attend Frontline and Bus & Coach Commercial crew meetings when necessary.
- To provide feedback on customer visits / needs to help develop understanding of customer needs and identify opportunities for addition product / services for the future.
- To ensure that routine work / repairs are directed back to the dealership (especially from mega carriers)
- To actively and consciously work in line with our Customer Commitments by providing industry leading levels of customer service and technical support.
- To work within the SHEQ guidelines (Safety, Health, Environment, Quality) set out in the company policies and help the company achieve its objectives in these areas.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Technical Ability – To be fully graduated through the Volvo Frontline programme and be recognised as a technical expert in the field of Bus & Coach support.
- Teamwork - To be an effective and supportive member of a high performing team that pro-actively support others to achieve the overall targets.
- Adaptability – Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills / approaches, enjoys the challenge on unfamiliar tasks and is open to change.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself. Learns quickly when facing new problems and gains insight from mistakes.
- Decision making - Is not afraid to make decision based on facts and makes good decisions (timely) based upon a mixture of analysis wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Resilience - Pursues everything with energy, drive and seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance, setbacks or target deadlines. Remains calm in a dynamic business environment.
- Integrity – Admits mistakes and is widely trusted and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner without attempting to implicate others or misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
- Communication – Can communicate (written & verbal) both internally and externally in a coherent and professional manner at all times.
- Action Oriented - Is aware of challenges / targets - understands what needs to be achieved and is focussed on achieving personal targets by taking initiative and focusing on solutions rather than obstacles. Can organise workload to help focus on the critical few rather than the trivial many.
- Organisation – Can work methodically within defined processes and pays attention to detail.
- IT Skills – Ability to use common computer packages and Volvo systems
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.