Principal Systems Simulation Engineer
- Works within Simulation and Analysis to provide data analysis, simulation tools and virtual testing for a variety of projects
- Interfaces with engine development projects to provide simulations of engine and after-treatment components and systems
- Interfaces with the Maintenance organization to provide simulations to improve product quality
- Interfaces with Application Engineering to implement improved models, new features, and hardware changes into the production software/simulation environment
- Performs data analysis and/or analytical calculations or simulations in support of test and design
- Make decisions or provides supporting analysis on type of testing, arranges for and conducts tests in the laboratory and/or field, and feature analysis for setting project targets and requirements
- Issues written and oral reports
- International travel may be required
- Perform other routine engineering duties as assigned
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization’s vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Computer), Computer Science or similar technical field required.
- Master’s degree in technical field strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of related experience, preferably in automotive industry
- Simulation in GT- Suite (or other 1D Engine Simulation)
- Matlab and Simulink programming
- Experience with .NET, TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio, C/C++, and Microsoft Office tools
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.