Play, explore, be moved at the Volvo Pavilion4/5/18
Today the Volvo Ocean Race Village opens in Itajai, Brazil – the 8th stopover of the 9-months long race around the world. Oozing Scandinavian design and modern technology, the Volvo Pavilion is taking visitors on an exploration journey of our values, breadth of offerings and innovation capabilities.
This state-of-the-art structure is built in a record time of 9 days, at each of the 12 stopovers on 6 continents. Never before in the world of sporting events has such a premium construction project been carried out on a global scale. Here is the making-off of this human and sustainable achievement. Click to watch.
Inside the Volvo Pavilion, a 300m2 indoor Digital Exhibition engages all visitors in the Volvo brand, through virtual and digital presentations, simulators, interactive and playful displays. Click to watch.
Visitors are taken on an exploration journey. They can:
• Be immersed in an inspiring film experience, displaying the values that tightly connect the Volvo brand and the Volvo Ocean Race. Click to watch the film.
• Feel the essence of Sweden, where we come from and understand how this has shaped what Volvo stands for and offers to customers and society. Collect a personalized give-away from the photo booth!
• Play around in the Volvo Ocean Race area while discovering how the boat is designed with safety, quality, environmental care and innovation in mind.
• Get a glimpse of the Autonomous Drive, Connectivity and Electromobility at the Human Centric Innovation area.
• Experience the Volvo brand starting with Volvo Penta Easy Boating simulator and a nautical knots mini-workshop. With the advanced Volvo City Mobility Simulators displayed by Volvo Bus, visitors create bus routes in their own city. They meet Volvo Construction Equipment customers along the Volvo Ocean Race route. The exploration continues with Volvo Trucks, inviting visitors to compete on a serious quiz and learn about safety and fuel consumption. A few steps away, the brand new model from Volvo Cars – the XC40 - is revealed. Visitors can also enjoy the Volvo car configurator, the Sensus simulator and a unique virtual reality experience.
At the outdoor exhibition deck, visitors are welcome to try out Volvo products. Participate in the Excavator Race and discover the Iron Knight - the fastest truck in the world. A free charging station is available courtesy of Volvo Penta. The upstairs balcony welcomes some 200 seated and standing visitors to enjoy a unique view of the boats and the Race Village.
The Volvo Pavilion also includes fully equipped conference facilities and a lounge for groups of the 20 000 Volvo corporate guests that will have enjoyed an outstanding experience at the Volvo Ocean Race .