Volvo Group – the second quarter 20197/18/19
“In Q2 2019 the Volvo Group continued on the path of increased sales and improved profitability. Both our net sales of SEK 121 billion (104) and adjusted operating income of SEK 15.1 billion (11.5) were the highest we have had in a quarter so far. We improved the adjusted operating margin to 12.5% (11.1). Increased vehicle volumes were the main contributor to the profit improvement. Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations increased to SEK 13.9 billion (8.3),” says Martin Lundstedt, President and CEO.
- In Q2 2019, net sales increased by 16% to SEK 120.7 billion (103.6). Adjusted for currency movements, net sales increased by 11%.
- The adjusted operating income amounted to SEK 15,105 M (11,519), corresponding to an adjusted operating margin of 12.5% (11.1).
- The reported operating income amounted to SEK 15,105 M (12,337).
- Currency movements had a positive impact on operating income of SEK 1,004 M.
- Diluted earnings per share rose to SEK 5.47 (4.53).
- Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK 13,867 M (8,322).
July 18, 2019
Press and Analyst Conference. An on-line presentation of the report, followed by a question-and-answer session will be webcast starting at 09.00 CET. More information under Investors on www.volvogroup.com
Aktiebolaget Volvo (publ) 556012-5790
SE-405 08 Göteborg, Sweden
Tel +46 31 66 00 00
Contact Media Relations:
Claes Eliasson +46 765 53 72 29
Contacts Investor Relations:
Christer Johansson +46 31 66 13 34
Anders Christensson +46 31 66 11 91
Johan Bartler +46 739 02 21 93
This information is information that AB Volvo (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07.20 CEST on
July 18, 2019
For more information, please visit volvogroup.com/press
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs 105,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. In 2018 the Volvo Group’s sales amounted to about SEK 391 billion (EUR 38.1 billion). The Volvo Group is a publicly-held company headquartered in Göteborg, Sweden. Volvo shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.