This is us, your new colleagues
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth opportunities await for individuals who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey.
Want to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Volvo GTO, Powertrain Production Hagerstown now has a vacant Industrial Electrician position available.
We are looking for a highly engaged colleague that wants to join us and the Volvo Group to help achieve our vision of becoming the most desired, innovative and successful transport solution provider in the world.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary/revolutionary problem solving - all in order to reach our vision!
About the Position
The candidate will be responsible for the electrical installation, troubleshooting, and repair of industrial equipment and machinery. Demonstration of mechanical aptitude, the ability to grasp complex concepts easily, and pay attention to detail is needed. This includes, but is not limited to the activities/responsibilities listed below.
Main Activities and Responsibilities for These Roles:
- Interested, engaged and committed to teamwork and professional development in order to lead the business towards set goals
- Promote and/or create a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Ability to think strategically and holistically in order to make decisions for what is best for the function and the facility
- Independent judgement and initiative are required
- Diagnose and repairs components on CNC/NC machine center equipment.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning facility equipment including transformers, motors, and light fixtures. Replace broken or damaged components and wiring as needed.
- Work with other members within the maintenance team and production department to troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Replace faulty machine equipment including, but not limited to, relays, switches, positioning devices, and controls.
- Service and repair electric motors.
- Manipulate automated equipment via HMI, remote control, teach pendant and other control devices for the purpose of troubleshooting purposes and repair/service verification.
- Assist in the planning and installation of building wiring, conduit, and electrical equipment.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty electrical components to mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic machines and equipment.
- Install conduit and cabling/wiring for newly installed machinery and equipment including robotics, conveyance, and the associated programmable controllers.
- Terminate wiring for power supply, interconnecting cables, data/communications cables, and a variety of other cabling and wiring connections.
- Willing to learn, grow, be flexible, action oriented and work with a sense of urgency.
- Proficient working with voltages up to 600 VAC including 480 VAC and 277 VAC
- Knowledge and experience working with 12 VAC and 24 VDC controls
- Knowledge and experience working with PLC applications such as Rockwell RSLogix and Siemens software
- Strong understanding and comprehension of electrical schematics
- Working knowledge of motor controls, drives and other motion control devices
- Working knowledge of multi-axis robots and controllers from ABB
- Working knowledge of Landis, Heller & Leibherr machine center trouble shooting
- Working knowledge of Lap top computers and Microsoft applications
- Knowledgeable in both practice and application of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP/SMP) and plant safety guidelines
- Must have knowledge of problem solving tools, such as root cause analysis, 5W1H and 5 Whys
- Must be familiar with Lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement processes
- Must be familiar with Kaizen processes
- Journeyman Card or 8 years of documented experience in a mechanical trade
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical School /Post high school training preferred
- 8 years of documented industrial electrician experience in a manufacturing environment
- Employee must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.