This position aims to support GTT in North America by supporting activities necessary to obtain heavy-duty diesel emissions certification and maintain emissions compliance within the North American market. The successful candidate will support actions as required to obtain and maintain legal certifications. This position will also strategically serve the company by working with industry associations and regulators on the modification of existing and development of new regulations associated with diesel engine emissions compliance and compliance procedures.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support regarding emissions and OBD certification and compliance requirements.
- Support agency In Use Test (IUT) orders. This includes the collection of Portable Emissions Measurement System (PEMS) data collection and analysis.
- Support engine dynamometer constituent emissions measurement.
- Support OBD monitor demonstration testing.
- Support activities to obtain approval of changes to existing product offerings associated with emissions-related components.
- Support the processing of emissions and OBD data and support data preparation for submission to the relevant authorities.
- Support interface with regulators (CARB and EPA) when appropriate.
- Domestic travel to EMA conferences and to visit regulators may be required.
- Occasional international travel may be required.
- Understanding of the operation and theory of diesel combustion systems and Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems (EATS).
- Experience working with the emissions regulating authorities (especially CARB OBD).
- Experience with the collection of Portable Emissions Measurement System (PEMS) data collection and analysis.
- Flexibility: Monitoring a diverse array of internal and external activities and appropriately prioritizing actions appropriate for each.
- Teamwork: Collaboration with industry representatives to define and secure common interests.
- Communication: Possessing strong oral and written communication skills to inform, persuade, and negotiate. Review lengthy industry and legal documents for issues relevant to the company; summarizing such documents for efficient communication to the organization.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of any particular requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- External Relationships/ Networking: Establishing a presence for the organization with outside interest groups, cultivating relationships with customers and other stakeholders, and supporting organizational goals.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field required; Masters preferred.
- 1-4 years of experience in HD-Diesel Performance, Emissions, and Documentation.
- Experience working with Government Regulatory Agencies is a plus.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.