Who are we:
EPTS stands for Embedded Production Tools and Systems. We are developing a set of 12 different applications that are being used on production lines in all Volvo factories around the world. We are working closely with the production of all Volvo products such as trucks, buses, construction equipment, boat engines. Our job is to make sure the software for the electrical units is properly delivered and installed. We are delivering tools to configure stations on assembly lines in the factories and prepare operations that are executed on all Volvo products. Since our system is a set of different applications our technologies vary from desktop, web, .NET CF, C#, a bit of C++ and we are working on a cloud-based solution and a mobile version of our application.
While we are looking for a person with stable skills in the development area, we are also looking for a person with growth mindset, “can do” attitude, and good character with teamwork skills. We believe that each development team of 7 people all help each other, being one team. The person we are looking for needs to have an open mind and be interested in working in any area that is needed to make the team complete the best outcome.
What do we expect from you?
Nice to have:
Nice to have tools:
• Altova XML Spy
• Enterprise Architect
Our Ways of Working:
• Code reviews
• Unit tests, integration tests and UI automation tests
• Version control – Azure DevOps
• Visual Studio 2019
• SQL Management Studio
• Working hours – mandatory availability 9-15
• Teams of 7-8 (with members having skills in development, testing, architecture and business analysis)
Soft Skills (must have):
• Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
• Have a passion for the user and understanding their frustration and business opportunities
• Open minded and honest, team player
• Understanding of Agile Practices
• T-shaped person, who can leave his/her expert area and work with Test, Analysis, if needed
• Awesome human being
• Development of the system (win services, web services, web user interface, desktop – WPF, WinForms)
• Supporting the existing production systems
• Implementing Unit tests, Integration tests and UI automation testsa
And what can you expect from us?
• Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
• Work life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
• Remote work opportunities, employment contract and flexible working hours
• Clear career path & extensive development opportunities
• Private healthcare (available also onsite)
• Volvo League: We run team games in various sports
• Participation in international projects and different trainings
• Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual. We are looking forward to meeting you!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.