The Transport Products internship position will be responsible for working with various Manufacturing plants, Carriers and internal partners to support Transport Operations related activities, such as processes mapping and standardization across the different brands we support, carrier management initiatives, operate in our Transport Management Systems with data gathering, manipulation and analysis, and other initiatives to support the Transport products team.
- Assist with research and data collection in support of finished vehicles transport flows
- Support the group with standardization of different reports utilized by the Transport Products team
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative analysis during projects
- Manage and assist with carrier deviation process with the ultimate goal to improve transport onetime precision
- Skill Set and Minimum Education Requirements
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management or other Logistics related field and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Interns must be enrolled as full-time student throughout the duration of the internship
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (mainly Excel and Power BI)
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- This internship will require up to 30 hours per week during the Spring 2022 semester, with the specific working schedule to be agreed upon with the hiring manager.
- Interns will be expected to spend as much of their internship time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home if required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.