- As a Lead Engineer for coolant system & simulations, you will be responsible for meeting the coolant requirements for systems within the vehicle. Main systems for cooling being Engine / Energy storage systems, other powertrain components like gear box, retarder, drive motors along with vehicle components/systems like EATS. You will responsible to analyze the requirements and define the coolant system specifications to meet those requirements.
- You will be interacting closely with Powertrain department & Thermal management engineers for understanding design, testing requirements AND other component / system owners for understanding the cooling / heating requirements.
- You will have to decide the specifications of coolant system based on the requirements / input data received and by using simulation tools. You shall interact on engineering and design parameters with the design teams involved in cooling system development
- You will lead the design and development of coolant system circuits and related components and be responsible for installation of the cooling package in the vehicle.
- You will also lead and co-ordinate the simulations related to coolant & cooling system in the area of powertrain installations
- You shall lead and perform the system FMEA at the coolant system level and DFMEA for coolant components.
- You will perform needed component & system level verifications during the development and stakeholders & suppliers as needed.
- You will also decide the testing needs related to coolant system validations and review with stakeholders.
- You shall review the test data & approve /recommend approval of the test reports for conformance to the requirements.
- You will interface and present the coolant system level development status, risks & mitigation plans to the project team.
- You shall evaluate the field complaints / market issues concerning the performance of the coolant system and derive the root cause at system / component levels by analyzing the failures.
- You shall also lead the roadmap development for coolant system & component for defined products by collecting the inputs and requirements from the needed stakeholders.
- The additional responsibilities include installation of Cooling Package within the vehicle and development components needed for installation of cooling package
- In your role you shall also interact and work with global teams for the coolant system & components and represent Bangalore team /site in the defined global forums.
- Technical mentoring and competency development of the team members along with the reporting manager is part of this profile.
- You should have degree in BE/ BTech / M.Tech / MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Expertise in thermal management with high level of proficiency in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
- In depth knowledge of the product development life cycle and change management activities for maintenance.
- Experience in the powertrain installation areas and understanding for the vehicle aggregate cooling & heating requirements
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems with action oriented mindset.
- Experience in developing DFMEA and other quality tools.
- Leading tasks independently, good planning and monitoring skills.
- Ability to assign tasks and demand deliverables from team, peers and cross functional stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience in CREO tool, 1-D simulation tools. Hot spot related simulations and tool knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Good mentoring and competence development skills.
- Customer centric mindset and strong sense of engineering ownership in deliverables
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication.
- Strong technical leadership and decision making skills
- Willingness to continuously develop your own skills and abilities.
- Bing proactive and able navigate through issues.
- Ability to work in a multicultural global environment.
- Ability to plan and manage the work with other team members.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.