The intern role provides the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote their career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Trucks Quality & Environmental through working on important and innovative projects that build experience in project and supply chain management, finance, supplier quality, environment and negotiation. Soft skills, high energy and a positive mindset are key assets for succeeding in this position, across a diverse, multicultural team.
- Manage activities related to supplier compliance (meetings, documents, feedback, coaching, etc.)
- Support the RDCs and CDC, Quality & Environmental Manager, and project managers and engineers in their day-to-day activities
- Utilizing your skills to analyze key components of the supply chain (suppliers, processes, internal and external customer service, etc.)
- Perform data analysis and problem solving
- Participate in supplier and internal team meetings
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Quality, Environmental, Civil or Industrial Engineering, or other related degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Must be enrolled in a degree seeking program with the intent to return to school at the completion of the internship
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.0
- Spring interns are scheduled to work up to 30 hours per week
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience in Power BI or equivalent preferred
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Peer Relationships
- Proactive approach
- Action Oriented
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem-solving and Analysis
- Business case development
- Project management
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.