Are you the kind of person who is passionate about connectivity solutions, android systems, apps and what can happen when you merge technologies from different areas? Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the digital transformation leap? Would you like to work in a great team with competent and helpful colleagues?
At Connectivity we are in the heart of this transformation, and we work with developing and implementing in areas such as projection, Navigation, Entertainment, Vehicle HMI, 3rd party apps and End user functions such as Entertain the driver, Driver Coaching, ISee, Remote SW Download and Geofencing. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services like driver assistance and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Our android based service and entertainment system is enabling new features in the entertainment productivity and uptime field and is opening up a totally new possibilities of doing business & partnerships.
The development in the area of connectivity is fast, furious and fun and we are evolving rapidly!
We are now looking for a Group Manager that can drive and develop one of our Entertainment and Connected Services Software groups into the future.
The mission is to:
- Develop and maintain our in-house developed SW (android apps, android evolution and much more)
- Deliver software to the projects and Vehicle streams fulfilling agreed QDCF targets
- Lead and continuously develop the people in the group to deliver according to committed deliveries and to achieve the objectives stated in the strategic action plan
- Lead and continuously develop the processes, methods and tools that are used by the group to deliver according to committed deliveries and to achieve the objectives stated in the strategic action plan
- Ensure that the Entertainment and Connected Services SW solutions, products and projects area are managed and delivered in an optimal way.
- Secure that the software is developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to stipulated processes, methods and tools
- Participate in relevant concept selections
- Approve and receive hand over from the projects in to maintenance
- Build, grow, mature and optimize your SCRUM teams
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
- Coach team members in the daily activities and secure necessary pre-requisites for a successful execution of responsibilities
- Coach the team members on their personal development
- Salary setting and all other administrative activities connected to your group members
- Regular communication to the team on performance, strategies and operations
- Break down business plan activities and allocate activities to direct reports
- Be responsible for the budget & cost estimates of the team and also represent EACS in large for some projects and initiatives
- Secure competence development strategy and coach the team members on their personal development
- Secure knowledge sharing
- Be responsible to develop processes, methods, tools and standards related to android SW development at Connectivity
- Follow up and track operations by means of KPIs and PIs
- Participate and drive joint EACS activities
- Actively participate in developing the working environment for your team
- Take an active role in moving Vehicle Connectivity into an agile development organization by e.g. supporting the RTE and drive and participate in the SAFe rituals
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a leader and excel in demonstrating the Volvo Group values. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your unit, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
The following qualifications are required:
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent
- Several years of managerial experience from line or project management
- Minimum 7 years of experience from SW development in truck or car industry within the area of connected services
- Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM and KANBAN
- Experience from IT development is an asset
- Experience from Automotive development is an asset
- Be a servant leader
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Have the ability to drive for results and to take own initiatives and drive certain actions on your own leadership and empowerment
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Be business and customer oriented
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to manage co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
- Have a leadership characterized by managerial courage, a high level of integrity, trust & fairness to direct reports
For any further information please contact:
Niklas Seger, Global Technology Manager Entertainment and Connected Services, phone +46 31 32 27154
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.