- Primary responsibility will be to conduct Production Vehicle Evaluation testing to ensure OBD diagnostics working correctly
- Define, lead, coordinate and automate test requests
- Prepare, perform and analyze tests
- Coordinate and issue test requests and work orders to laboratory
- Keep test object updated in PROTOM
- Create, update and follow time plan
- Deliver correct test results and use correct test measurements
- Generate Product Issue Log faults and engineering reports (ER)
- Make recommendations to Verification Leader and Certification Group
- Highlight need for support and resource issues
- Propose and develop test procedures and other process improvements
- Testing primarily occurs while in tucks and or buses
- Occasional travel to support vehicle expeditions
Our teams are hardworking and members are supportive of each other. In order to complement your colleagues you will need to exhibit characteristics such as:
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Qualifications of a successful candidate include
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field; Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5-8+ years of related engineering experience required
- Engineering/ engine development experience preferred
- Heavy or medium duty diesel engine development a plus
- Experience with Data Acquisition tools such as ATI Vision or similar packages are required
- Experience with DiagRA D/Silverscan software
- CANalyzer experience a plus
- CDL required (training will be provided for those who do not currently have their CDL)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
- Authorized to work in the United States required
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.