At Volvo Group Trucks Technology Electro-mobility, we are currently looking for Data Scientist to join out fantastic team working on system simulation and data analytics of Electro-mobility solution.
What do we do?
We are Verification, Simulation and Safety in Electro-mobility, a dynamic section providing world-class solutions for electro-mobility systems and delivering customer values for Volvo business units such as trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine applications.
Electro-mobility is one of the fast-growing and main development areas within Volvo Group, which is at the forefront of sustainable transport solutions for tomorrow.
Sound interesting? We want you to join us!
What will you do?
You will have close cross-functional collaboration with colleagues from different parts of the entity, from sales and purchasing to component design actually sitting close to you. You along with the team will be responsible for understanding customer usage and performance of our products and for providing our solutions throughout entire product life cycle, from idea investigation and concept evaluation to industrialization and to aftermarket and maintenance!
Who are you?
We believe that, to be successful in the position, you are a team player and have strong experience in simulation and analysis area. You have automotive or electrical system development experience working in cross-functional teams. You have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility with can-do attitude.
We also believe that you have:
- Experience – Education
- PhD, MSc. Engineering (Computer science, Electrical sciences, Physical sciences, Statistics)
- Background in data science
- Experience – Work
- Strong Business Acumen in automotive
- Data mining and data preparations function development
- Machine Learning & AI
- GDPR (Data Protection & Compliance)
- CRISP-DM (Cross-industry standard process for data mining )
- Programming skills (Python, SQL, R)
- Data Visualization (Qlikview, PowerBI, Matplotlib, Bokeh)
- Machine Learning & AI
- Knowledge in Analytical Tools (SPSS, Azure, KNIME)
- Data mining and data preparations
- Communication skills
- Statistical modeling and machine learning.
- Analytic skills
- Personal attributes
- Intellectual curiosity
- Holistic view
- Fluent in English - verbal and written
- Additional preference
- Proven experience in product health monitoring (monitoring of battery, electric motors, electric components, etc.)
- Knowledge about data communication, telematics and truck services
- Vehicle system (Embedded SW) knowledge.
- Knowledge of truck and bus applications
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or want to know more about this role.
Hiring Manager: Jae Lee, Manager Data Analytics & Emob Services, Electro-mobility, +46 739028031
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.