The Internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The Internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Powertrain by working on important and innovative projects. Internship are structured learning experiences where Internship and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The Internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Powertrain.
The Exhaust Aftertreatment Engineer position focuses on technologies that reduce emissions to comply with EPA and CARB regulations. The scope includes hardware design, function calibration, OBD calibration, and system verification. The overall goal is to produce aftertreatment systems which are emissions compliant while offering minimal mission interruptions and maximum product value to our customers.
Duration and Specific Program Requirements:
- Work 40 hours/week
- Core Responsibilities/ Main tasks:
- Support diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particulate filter (DPF), selective catalytic reduction (SCR) ammonia slip catalyst (ASC, and other related technologies
- Support component design, verification, and release activities
- Support function and OBD calibration activities
- Support system aging evaluations and analysis
- Work closely with team members, other groups, other sites, and suppliers
- Report Generation and data analysis
- Support chassis and/or test cell work and/or bench testing
- Generate and prepare design work orders and design reviews
- Collect, collate, and maintain design review data
- Define/coordinate prototype part control plan (what is to be measured by supplier)
- Manage purchase requisition through authorization process
- Coordinate component specific test: Instrumentation request, test location, Test Tech Coordination, (GHOST) and collect data
- Analyze test data for Engineer review
- Synthesize component durability test hours (in cell or on bench)
- Define, coordinate, and analyze component measurements for Engineer review
- Data input and information extraction from electronic systems (eg., KOLA, TIKA…)
- Document detailed component related information
- Completion of tasks on time
- Complete Engineering Reports and presentations
- Improved knowledge of Exhaust Aftertreatment systems
- Gain experience in a design/production engineering environment
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree, B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Programing, Software Engineering, or equivalent, at an accredited school, a sophomore and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the Internship position.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Coursework focusing on engines, chemistry, controls, and systems preferred
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Attention to details required when identifying a root cause to a specific problem or situation.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Microsoft office
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.