| Job Summary: |
Responsible for providing the design solution of components in Mechanical Engineering function by supporting long term technology and competence development.
| Job Content: |
• Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
• Develop structural components from first concept until detailed design solutions
• Set cost and durability targets for structural components
• Release drawings and Models in the agreed time frame
• Either Fulfillment of agreed specification or information of stakeholder in case of deviations
• Pre-Calculation of components under consideration of the agreed lifetime target
• Develop components within the agreed space and without any interference
• Models to be given to VPD for calculation prior to P Release according to time schedule
• Carry out Verification & Validation activities to meet components targets
• Test plan to be executed
• Collaborate with the production to optimize the design related to costs and quality
• Apply the current VCE Standards for welding and criticality
• Document the components in the BOM, Drawing, 3D Catia and PDM system
|• Inform First Line Manager and Project Manager about relevant changes and issues |
• Develop and perform system calculations, basic and modal simulations, suggest design improvements, and drive cost reductions for components
• Resolve design-related quality issues from operation and technical support
• Support cross-funcation engineering activities to improve R&D efficiency and to provide high quality product valued by end customers
• Perform the requirement driven quality care of components manufactured by supplier or in-house
• Support and implement team’s competency development roadmap
• Give relevant feedback to management about the assigned task’s progress, risk, issues in due time and proactively contribute to team achievements and personal development
• Connect design work with the Architecture Program (CAST)
• Design risk management with D-FMEA.
• Delivery in the cross function (both internal and external Engineering) value team with self-driven collaboration.
• Key Skills:
• Catia(CAD/CAE), PROST, Smart Team, Pro-E and Chinook, Windchill
• Specialized knowledge of design and analysis
• Collaboration, NPD process and tools, product application knowledge
• Good communication, adaptability and open to change.
• Willing to take ownership in QDCF.
Required knowledge & experience:
1. Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
• Master/Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Experience in cross-functional team work
• Strong “Problem Solving” and “Root Cause” analysis skills
2. Additional Important Requirements:
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Attitude with creative and energetic
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.