From 2019 we are located in Volvo’s new center for new Technologies; CampX. Here the Battery Electrical Vehicle stream is co-located and in 2021 the CampX will grow to double size and include also Fuel cells joint venture with Daimler as well as the Autonomous drive development – an inspiring environment!
We are now looking for a Mechatronics Engineer to join the EMD (Electric Motor Drive) Hardware team. In this position the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven capability and experience in mechanical/mechatronic design and development experience from integration of the technology in electric and hybrid power trains. The main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide the Volvo Group with technical support and expertise within your competence area.
- Contribute to technology planning with a strategic approach.
- Lead development work with suppliers and technology partners.
- Drive the release process within Volvo.
- Contribute to the team backlog by writing feature and stories
- Review supplier design documents and working process when needed also on supplier sites.
- Identify and drive quality improvements and cost reduction activities
We are looking for someone who thrives on finding solutions to highly complex challenges, never afraid to try out new ideas in search of innovation and takes ownership in delivering outstanding products. To fit in our team culture you need to be a team player who fosters a dynamic environment and accelerates learning in others. You qualify if you have:
- MSc. in Mechatronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge within thermal fluids and or high current electrical properties is a merit
- Proven experience in technology development within electric motor systems
- Electric and hybrid vehicle drivetrains knowledge
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience to work cross functional with both internal and external suppliers
What can we offer?
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. Our daily work is performed in an international environment giving the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures. We trust the individual and act as a team, stay close to the product and provide opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Curious and want to know more? Please contact us! We look forward to receiving your application!
Magnus Bredin, Manager Design and Hardware Motor Drive Systems, +46 73 9021225
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.