We are currently looking for a student to work with our Volvo Action Service/Mack One Call (VAS/MOC) group as Technical Support Intern. You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of critical product support including commonly occurring breakdowns and their causes with a mission of supporting customer facing agents and service providers. As a valued member of Volvo Action Service/Mack One Call, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the breakdown agents and technical support specialists responsible for providing customer solutions. Our goal is to contribute to your development, as well as providing an opportunity for you to work in a business environment within the automotive manufacturing industry. This position will report to Senior Manager, Operations Support within Volvo Action Service/Mack One Call.
- Work with business managers and EMS agents on a variety of tasks related to service information ranging from diagnosing common breakdown occurrences to hands-on automotive workshop activities.
- Support development of quick reference guides to be used by agents working with customers and for inclusion on related service apps connected to maintainability of our various products
- Investigate and provide recommendations related improved communication paths for repair and maintenance information
- Collaborate on internal and cross-functional process improvements connected to way of working and customer interface
- Contribute to positive working environment
- Provide specific details related to the skill set within the degree discipline you want to attract for this position.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Co-op/Internship Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics, Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, or related technical or engineering/technology field at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.