Are you an energetic and passionate analytical engineer? Do you have an interest in working with a global company in an industry that impacts everyday lives?
If you answered yes to either question, you should read on!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer for Diesel and BEV applications within Powertrain Installation, you will get an opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art research and development AGILE environment dedicated to providing quality transportation products to the North American market.
Powertrain Installation is responsible for the integration of the powertrain into the Chassis for trucks developed for North America. This includes the complete cooling system, coolant lines, Charge Air Cooler System, and Air Intake for both Diesel and Electric Powertrains.
You will be responsible for:
- Full ownership of the design and development of coolant and air intake systems related to the integration of the powertrain to the chassis.
- Working with simulation members to determine optimum design, purchasing, factory, and aftermarket stakeholders to provide the best design solution in terms of quality, function, and fit.
- Resolving factory issues and quality improvements needed for aftermarket once the development is completed.
- Providing professional expertise as an engineer in Powertrain Installation, lead with limited supervision improvement and quality initiatives related to coolant system components, coolant hoses, fittings, and brackets.
- Leading Design Reviews of Automotive/Trucking Industry components internal/external stakeholders
- Spearheading quality and cost initiatives while also problem solving and determining best methods to validate designs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the Transportation industry
- Minimum 3 years working in CREO (Pro-E)
- A talented and customer focused individual that can effectively communicate with other component stakeholders to ensure that the coolant hose developed meets functional requirements as well as ensuring that packaging is optimized meet required clearances.
- GD&T Knowledge
- Experience in development of Technical Requirements
- Ability to conduct and lead DFMEAs
- Working knowledge of how cooling circuits function with Diesel and/or Electric vehicles
- Demonstrated ability to lead design components and systems with minimal support
- Ability to manage multiple tasks using analytical and critical thinking skills
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.