SML Operations North AMERICAS is looking for a Director Service Center & Transport Parts North America – Located in Greensboro, NC
Who Are We?
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are a global organization of 3,750 employees located in over 47 locations in 30 countries.
Every day we deliver world-class operational excellence to our customers by applying smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage, and optimize the Service Market supply chain (aftermarket parts distribution to dealer network) for all Volvo Group brands and joint ventures.
The Director of Service Center & Transport Parts NA is responsible for the consolidated Service Centers North America (including export) and Transport Parts in North America. You manage approximately 60 employees.
You report to the Vice President of SML North Americas and you’re a member of the SML NA management team.
To be successful in this position…you are a visionary and inclusive leader with a strong ability to influence and inspire others. You demonstrate strong courage to challenge and develop, and to have the ability of setting demanding targets while coaching individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones. We see that you truly embrace and live our leadership principles: to lead with passion, perform with purpose and transform with vision.
• Working in close collaboration with all stakeholders, you’re accountable for Service market Logistics results/deliveries towards Customers, Partners and Colleagues.
• You develop your team to be successful, and you always strive to secure for all your employees an open and respectful dialogue/management, as well as a safe working environment.
• You develop the Service Center to be the main communication channel with dealers about service market logistics topics
• You constantly seek for improving the competitiveness of North America service market Support in all fields (SQDCEP)
• You drive performance of the Service Center and Transport Parts North America through VPS (lean) principles.
• You encourage your team to actively work and collaborate with their counterpart at the other DCs, as well as with their colleagues from GTO facilities and within Volvo.
• Be SML interface towards the GTO operations, regional Sales & Marketing organizations, Business Areas, Logistics Services and External Customers within North America
• You use Carlisle benchmark to challenge the organization to go to the next level to be recognized as the reference in service market logistics.
Main activities and responsibilities
• Implement the Volvo Production System (VPS) as the guiding principle (Lean approach instead of the traditional approach)
• To increase customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and to align processes
• Accountable for all service center and transport operational processes; Handle inquiries from dealers, aftermarket, partners (BOR, VOR, Refill, ETA Etc.), funnel change requests to improve service levels or to reduce cost, monitor case handling, be the main interface towards North America dealers and export customers, manage the traffic in and from the distribution centers and customers in North America and the traffic to international customers
• Work proactively with analysis of data to improve process and results, both to handle issues proper with problem solving methods and to review the way of working.
• Consolidation of all North America Service Center support into one organization
• Develop and drive performance of the transport parts organization (right structure, governance KPI and PIs…)
• Drive performance of the carriers and 3PL and proactively work on deviations securing dealer satisfaction
• Implement and manage process to secure the best performance from our carriers and 3PL
• Monitor performance of the 3PL, establish strong relationship and cooperation and drive improvements together
• Develop and achieve operational KPI’s for all Service Centers and Transport Parts
• Drive projects to align processes and find synergies to improve customer satisfaction and cost efficiency.
• Develop and manage operating cost and resource balancing
• You optimize trade-off between delivery precision, parts inventory and transport cost
• Responsible for the freight forwarding function to secure export compliance
• Deploy and implement best practices within area of responsibility
• Close collaboration and cross-functional work with Materials Management, Sales and Purchasing Production Logistics for input/regional requirements to achieve common targets.
• Actively contribute to – and participate in – all relevant governance meetings, and implement decisions in a timely manner
• Act as a Volvo Way role model and develop lean leadership approach. Secure employee engagement, performance excellence and leadership effectiveness.
Critical Competencies for the Position
• You hold a bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent; an advanced degree is a plus
• You have 5+ years of documented management experience with responsibility for direct reports; International / multi-cultural business experience is an advantage
• You have at least 10 years successful experience from manufacturing, aftermarket or logistics, with preference given to experience running a Service Center Call Center and managing Transport Operations.
• You have to be the lean (VPS) principles role model (LEAN experience is key)
• You have a clear sense and knowledge of our customers, and always drive for customer improvements and satisfaction in everything we do
• You have a lot of energy and drive to develop and influence people around you to always do their best, be innovative and accountable to deliver
• You have an excellent sense of cost drive and are always looking for new ways how to run the business in a smarter way, with less cost and a higher customer satisfaction.
• You have a recognized managerial experience. International / multi-cultural business experience is an advantage.
• Communicate fluently in English
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.