Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As a Senior Engineer, Field Testing you will be the main interface between the field test customers and Volvo Engineering. You will be responsible for ensuring proper truck operation and uptime, reporting any issues experienced with these trucks, working with engineering to determine root cause and solutions, and working with customers to install fixes and updates.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning, developing, and performing field tests according to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes and documenting test data and results.
- Utilizing data acquisition, computers, and diagnostic equipment to execute tests, process and analyze the data, and document and communicate the results of these activities.
- Documenting issues found during testing and work with the engineering organization to determine root cause and assist with verification & validation of solutions.
- Documenting final test results in Engineering Reports.
- Working seamlessly with the other Product Validation engineers to ensure that the workload is covered at all times as required by the demands of the projects.
- Keeping the project teams aware of test progress activities from both technical and timing perspective.
- Providing professional expertise within the area of field testing
- Delivering results with limited direction and supervision and taking responsibility to deliver on the mission of Volvo Group engineering.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field, Master's preferred
- 8 years of heavy-duty truck experience.
- Experience driving, working on trucks, specing trucks, working with truck customers, dealers, and service personnel.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office Applications for engineering reports and presentations.
- Ability to accommodate frequent domestic travel and occasional international travel.
- Ability to be available 24/7 on-call for emergency issues identified on the trucks.
- Leadership Competencies: Customer Focus, Action Oriented, Collaborates, Decision Quality, Instills Trust
- Preferred skills/capabilities: Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skills for electrical and Powertrain systems. Strong diagnostic skills using Canalyzer, ATI Vision, OE service tools, digital multi-meters, and oscilloscopes. Current CDL Class A License
- Ability to operate heavy trucks in a rough environment and to completely inspect trucks in a shop environment.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.