At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Where Are We Located?
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers. Innovation is in our DNA!
We are now looking for a Manager, Product Management to join our amazing, award-winning team in Chesapeake, Virginia.
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Manager, Product Management, you will be a key leader within the Marine Sales team responsible for initiating and monitoring development and implementation of the marine business strategy. You will also be responsible for securing competitive and profitable marine power systems. Some of your core responsibilities, and must haves for us to consider you, will include:
- Managing the Product Management team to ensure strategic goals and product profitability are met year over year. You will also work with the sales team to execute company strategy and roadmaps that implement tactics to meet the Company’s vision.
- Ensuring that Volvo Penta applications and guidelines are followed and implemented for Region Americas’ customers and internal sales professional on approved Volvo Penta application and configuration throughout Region Americas. Interact and support when needed for Region South America.
- Creating and authorizing new equipment and assisting with special customer requests via MAC Process. You will also coordinate with AB Volvo Penta Product Planning (headquarters) for approval and calculations, as well as working with that team regarding global pricing programs.
- Evaluating market requirements and subsequent product development for both marine gas and diesel products to investigate and advise of new product feature and benefits.
- Interfacing and having dialogues with key customers regarding Volvo Penta products specifically in Engineering, Purchasing, and management groups within targeted customer accounts.
- Responsibility for pricing activities and implementing new model year marine leisure & commercial pricing and programs.
- Working with the sales department to create sales programs and promotional materials identifying and highlighted product features that will lead to increased sales. You will also attend seminars, boat shows, or other relevant trade show activities to represent and promote Volvo Penta products.
- Assisting in the development of effective training program for OEM, dealer personnel and rep groups.
You Absolutely Need the Following To Be Successful In this Role...
- Strong familiarity with marine diesel and gasoline engines and accessories.
- Strong mechanical expertise in troubleshooting, repair, overhaul, and installation of Volvo Penta marine products. We will also be looking for a strong understanding of performance predictions for engine.
- Have extensive understanding of market pricing and executing product analysis to fit market conditions.
- Strong knowledge of the EPA and able to interpret rules.
- Well-developed business acumen, strategic planning and decision-making skills at a management level.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs.
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English, as well as experience giving formal presentations to customers (10-50 individuals).
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline, business management, finance, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the marine leisure/commercial segment, or heavy diesel industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisor-level position
- Minimum 3 years’ business experience in the field of marine installation and testing.
- 2 years of technical education. Certificates/Certifications are a plus.
- Marine dealership or related trade experience, a plus.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan
- 401K with matching
- … and so much more!
We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.