Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As an NVH Engineer at Volvo you will have the opportunity to solve real world engineering problems involving NVH of the cab and complete vehicle.
Cab Engineering North America develops new and advanced cabs for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge!
You will be responsible for:
- Setting low and high frequency NVH specifications for development of class 8 conventional truck cabs.
- Utilizing your strong understanding of vehicle structural analysis to deliver on the required NVH performance.
- Working cross functionally with global engineering teams (cab body, cab exterior, vehicle front, interior driving/living) to set targets and establish test and analysis methodologies to achieve NVH goals.
- Providing NVH knowledge on the component level as well as the vehicle level is required.
- Providing design support, solutions, and strategies through a cross functional network of people and processes.
- Creating and completing simulation models to confirm the component or assembly meets the NVH performance that has been specified and designed to.
- Creating CAE simulation models of components and vehicles for use in simulations to develop NVH output.
- Posting process and analyzing results to understand modes, frequency response, transfer functions, and acoustic sensitivity.
- Performing tests to assess and, if necessary, improve NVH performance, both at the vehicle and component level.
- Performing optimization studies with a mindset of continuous improvement supporting common methods and tools.
- Conducting BSR and high Frequency calculations on cab interior and living components.
- Performing correlation studies with respect to physical testing and support the measuring process during the tests.
- Utilizing communication skills to influence NVH requirements upon new product designs using sound engineering principles.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5+ years of experience focusing on structural borne noise analysis
- BS Degree, MS Degree preferred
- Proficient with CAE pre and post processors such as ANSA, Hyper mesh, VA-One, ACTRAN.
- Understanding of CAD modelling (Creo preferred or Catia)
- Experience with vehicle testing on-road & in lab environments using data acquisition equipment.
- Experience running models using NASTRAN.
- Exposure to Physical testing and Aeroacoustics is an added advantage.
- Strong understanding on NVH diagnostics such as Transfer Path and Contribution Studies, Panel Contribution, Modal Contributions, Equivalent Radiated Power, and Modal Alignment Chart.
- Experience with High frequency structural analysis for electric vehicles is a bonus.
- Must be a self-starter with good planning skills and willing to work in a global team environment.
- Experience with Jira for tracking projects and developing timing for deliveries.
- Familiarity with airborne noise testing and evaluation methodologies, e.g., leak testing, transfer path analysis, absorption coefficient and sound transmission loss testing.
- Must have experience with specifying, testing and validating interior trim NVH levels.
- Proficiency with standard NVH tools such as accelerometers, microphones, modal hammers.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.