This is us, your new colleagues
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth opportunities await for individuals who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey.
Want to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We Research, Engineer, and Manufacturer heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions, and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) Hagerstown now has a vacant Electronic Instrumentation Technician position available for the Volvo GTT Research and Development Laboratory located in Hagerstown, MD (USA).
We are looking for a highly engaged colleague that wants to join us and the Volvo Group to help achieve our vision of becoming the most desired, innovative, and successful transport solution provider in the world.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner, and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary/revolutionary problem solving - all to reach our vision!
About the Position
The candidate will be responsible for the Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of electronics and instrumentation associated with the Engineering and Research Test Laboratory. Demonstration of Electronic and Instrumentation aptitude, the ability to grasp complex concepts easily, and attention to detail is needed. This includes, although not limited to the activities/responsibilities listed below. Working 2nd or 3rd shift could be a possibility according to your job seniority.
Activities and Responsibilities for this position:
- Interested, engaged, committed to teamwork and professional development to lead the business towards set goals and directives.
- Promote and/or create a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Ability to work strategically, autonomously, holistically, and to make decisions that enhance the functionality of the laboratory. Independent judgement and initiative are required.
- Willingness to take initiative, remain flexible, and work with a sense of urgency when necessary.
- Take control and responsibility for learning, commissioning, troubleshooting, and training of laboratory equipment and measurement devices with peers and outside vendors.
- Comfort with computers, basic networks, computer-based data acquisition systems, and
- virtual learning systems.
- Working 2nd or 3rd shift could be a possibility according to your job seniority.
- Ability to research and order equipment and parts necessary to perform job.
- Perform scheduled calibrations, maintenance, and repair work to be performed in a timely manner on various instrumentation such as flow meters, pressure transducers , RTD/ Thermocouple devices, analytical equipment, frequency meters, and other various testing equipment.
- Thorough understanding and ability to work with Fluke style meters, Druck style pressure and temperature calibration equipment, oscilloscopes, dead weight testers, and other instrumentation devices as well as computer interface equipment.
- Ability to install, commission, and troubleshoot new equipment.
- Calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of analytical engine emission testing equipment such as Chemiluminescent, Flame Ionization, Oxymat, Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), and particulate measurement devices.
- Installation, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing various electronic & instrumentation systems, apparatus, field devices, and components associated with a research & development test cell laboratory and heavy-duty trucks.
- Plan and coordinate for internal & external calibration services as required.
- Performing preventive and predictive maintenance inspections using diagnostic tools and test equipment and make necessary corrections for optimal testing.
- Ability to read, update, and create schematics/prints associated with Electronics/Instrumentation work.
- Ability to write and follow work orders and record maintenance results.
- Ability to read and update drawings and other documentation.
- Ability to work with peers and outside vendors to get equipment installed, functioning, and troubleshot and repaired
- Must possess computer skills with a willingness to learn and understand software interfaces and computer operated equipment and devices.
- Working conditions are typical of automotive research and development in heavy duty diesel, alternative fuel, and electric vehicle applications. Candidate will work around and with high pressure gases, lubricants, fuel, noise, vibration, heat, cold, and humidity in their daily work environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer Skills
- Two-year accredited Associates Degree in Electronics and/or Instrumentation or equivalent electronic military experience or 8 years documented relevant electronic and instrumentation work experience
- Employee must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Volvo Group Trucks Technology encompasses research and development of the Group’s engines, transmissions, and drivetrain components. In Volvo Group Trucks Technology, you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust, and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.