Are you an energetic and passionate engineer? Do you have an interest in working with a global company in an industry that impacts everyday lives? Does having the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art research and development environment excite you?
If you answered yes, we have the position for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Complete Vehicle (CV) is dedicated to ensuring quality and the customer's voice is reflected in our products. The durability and reliability team is focused on validating and evaluating the strength and fatigue of our products via physical and virtual testing. This includes data collection on our proving ground in Greensboro, hydraulic strength and fatigue testing, accelerated endurance testing, virtual method simulation, and corrosion/material testing.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As a Senior Engineer working within the Durability and Reliability Testing Team (D&R) you will work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of validation and verification engineering. You will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering as well as other D&R Test Engineers. You will also be heavily involved in all aspects related to virtual testing methods used within the Durability Engineering including full vehicle structural simulation, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to support transducer and rig design and correlation of virtual models to measured data.
Highlights of this position include full vehicle structural simulation activities, collaboration on custom-made transducers and rig design, as well as exposure to new and exciting technology through the use of Digital Image Correlation tools.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating, managing, and executing virtual test plans
- Performing simulations/analyses based on instructions or day-to-day guided activities, while ensuring to deliver quality assured calculation models and results
- Documenting results, compile engineering reports (ER), propose enhancements to test methods (QWIs), and propose updates or Technical requirements (TRs) together with the technology areas
- Working with the global network to ensure D&R is aligned with other sites
- Applying diversified engineering knowledge, requiring advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories with the authority to draw, report, and implement conclusions.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-8+ Years of experience required
- Transportation industry experience preferred
- Experience with durability/structural principles as well as structural analysis (NASTRAN, ANSYS, etc.)
- Proficiency in CAD (PTC Creo, Hypermesh, or Ansa preferred)
- Proficiency in Python or a similar program is desired, but not required
- Experience with any R&D testing (lab setting, extracurricular teams, previous positions, DIC knowledge, etc.) is a plus
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.