Would you like to join one of the most comprehensive engineering groups within Volvo Trucks North America? Are you interested in being intimately involved in developing the latest automotive technologies? Does the idea of working on cutting edge technology transforming the transportation industry get you excited?
Then the Complete Vehicle team has a perfect position for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Complete Vehicle contributes to delivering the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization within Complete Vehicle that uses deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
As a Project Manager – Features Validation & Verification at Volvo, you will lead a world class technical team to verify and validate the very latest in emerging automotive technologies. This includes identifying resources, securing budget, and coordinating the efforts of team members to deliver projects according to plan. This position will be uniquely tailored toward electrical hardware and software technology projects
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering and managing the Verification & Validation (V&V) test plan for Class 7 & 8 duty commercial trucks and emerging vehicle technologies.
- Delivering project requirements with Quality, on-time Delivery, maintain Cost and fulfill vehicle Feature targets(QDCF)
- Managing and securing that all activities for verification and validation of features and vehicle regulations are identified, planned, optimized and completed
- Managing all incoming test requests through risk management approach, with support of Feature Leaders
- Verifying & validating hardware and software, components, systems and functions in the V&V plan
- Representing FVV (Features, Verification & Validation) in project management teams, design reviews, clinics, etc.
- Identifying necessary resources and related costs such as simulation, rig test & test trucks to execute the Verification & Validation plan
- Leading feature reviews and report feature fulfillment, verification and validation status
- Delivering feature requirements on a module level and support the break down to components, systems and functions
- Providing Vehicle and Powertrain engineering with prototypes and measurements (HW & SW, components, and systems) during the Development Loops to secure product maturity (robust concepts)
- Delivering a consolidated Complete Vehicle recommendation at development checkpoints
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering minimum; Master’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of technical or project management experience (automotive industry preferred)
- Ability to manage projects in more than one functional area in more than one location with 20-50 people total
- Ability to manage projects of medium/low integration complexity
- Experience with electrical hardware and software application projects
- Ability to work with second/third level management and work within at least 2 functional areas
- Proven ability to manage projects with low or medium risk level
- Quality tool skills (Risk analysis, FMEA, Project Assurance quality)
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.