Title: Senior Certification and Compliance Engineer for On Board DiagnosticsWho We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will be Doing
- Serve as a technical authority regarding for engine, aftertreatment and vehicle On Board Diagnostics (OBD).
- Manage/ approve changes to existing product offerings associated with OBD functionality with a specific focus on those that interact with vehicle CPU’s, control modules and components.
- Compile documentation describing engine and aftertreatment operation, emissions related systems and components, and OBD monitors.
- Ensure that all processes necessary for maintaining legal emissions compliance are properly documented and maintained.
- Support compliance activities such as Manufacturer Self-Test (MST), and In Use Monitor Performance Ratio (IUMPR).
- Interface with regulators (CARB and EPA) when appropriate
- Strengthen industry influence via regular participation within the appropriate EMA committees.
- Domestic travel and occasional international travel may be required.
You will be responsible for:What We Are Looking For
- Someone with a thorough understanding of diesel combustion and after-treatment systems. This includes Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), and Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC).
- Understanding from both a thermodynamics and chemistry so as to document and verbally explain operation of both components as well as systems.
- Ability to review and analyze performance data.
- Understanding and ability to calibrate both diesel engines and after-treatment systems.
- Expertise with diesel emissions measurement from both engine dynamometer and chassis dynamometer testing.
- Understanding of EPA 40 CFR Part 1065 and 1066 regulations with regards to facility, equipment, and testing procedures.
- Working knowledgeable of deterioration testing, Averaging Banking & Trading (AB&T) with regards to Green House Gas II (GHG-II) and CO2. This includes both engine as well as vehicle CO2 credits.
- Working knowledge of CFR title 40, Parts 1039, 1042 and 1068.
- Understanding of the impact of engine design and calibration on the generation of CO2.
- Understanding of the vehicle level design features and the impact they have on CO2 generation
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in HD-Diesel emissions and documentation.
- Experience working with the emissions regulating authorities.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs