: Volvo Construction Equipment & Services (VCES)Organization
: Volvo Construction Equipment & Services (VCES) CaliforniaLocation :
VCES, Service DepartmentPosition Title:
Shop Technician-Portable Power and AirReports To:
Service ManagerPositions directly supervised/managed (number of people)
: N/A Job Summary and Purpose:
The responsibility of the Shop Technician-Portable Power and Air
is to perform high quality service and maintenance to the portable air compressor and power generation products represented or supported by VCES.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities
- This position will champion a “Safety First”, “Customer Focused” and a “Continuous improvement” culture.
- Enforce and adhere to all company policies, procedures, standards, and values.
- Maintain excellent customer and employee relations.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all VCES safety guidelines, policies, and practices.
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- The technician must be able to demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
- Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers.
- The technician must be capable of diagnosing, troubleshooting, and providing quality repairs on the full line of portable air compressor and power generation products and components represented by VCES.
- Work is primarily to be performed in the shop environment, but technician may occasionally be needed to assist with repairs in the field.
- Has working knowledge of all equipment systems, including but not limited to hydraulic, air, electrical and lubrication.
- Will demonstrate proper application and use of all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to work on and around heavy construction equipment, which requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
- Maintains consistent follow through on all job facets, including parts ordering and retrieval, customer follow-up, work order status, etc.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in customer interactions and correspondence.
- Willingly accepts responsibility and is flexible to any assignment.
- Willingly works overtime when needed to complete an assigned task.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Important Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on construction related equipment.
- Technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs.
- Prior experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Background with hydraulics and diesel engines preferred.
- Full compliance with OSHA and applicable safety regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local safety regulations pertaining to job sites and locations.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and frequent stooping, bending, crouching, and overhead reaching, with occasional climbing of stairs and steps or stepladder.
- Requires occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, over 50lbs; and may frequently lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 30lbs.
- May occasionally work around loud, noisy, and dusty equipment and environment.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Must be able to safely and properly handle, pneumatic and electric tools.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- State-of-the-art training and personal development
- PTO and tax deferred retirement plans, varied by business
We also offer an array of additional benefits and programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier. We will gladly share this information and more at any time during the interviewing process or as part of your offer letter.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For this position, the hourly rate is set at $32.00 - $40.00, and where applicable, bonus eligible. The range for this role, as well as final salary offered, is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, work-related knowledge, certifications, skills, education, and experience. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.