The Volvo Group’s Digital & IT organization is looking for summer interns with a passion to demonstrate their academic knowledge in a practical setting. This internship will include the opportunity to:
- Play a temporary (but key) role in Volvo’s effort to create a more sustainable future.
- Work on a real-world business challenge within our U.S. manufacturing footprint.
- Team with (and get mentored by) Volvo employees with world-class training and experience.
- Interact in a culture where “best ideas win”.
- Develop & present a working prototype by the end of your internship experience.
Are you interested in helping shape the world towards a more sustainable future? Do you want to build upon your knowledge (your know) and develop real world experience (your know-how)? This internship provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The intern experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group by working on important and innovation projects.Responsibilities / Main tasks / Targets:
Volvo Group’s Digital & IT organization is looking for students that have concentrations in Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT).
On Day 1, you will be given a capstone project that includes a problem statement and a support team of permanent employees that will act as an advisory committee to help you be successful. You will be given approximately 12 weeks to deliver a working prototype and be given a platform to show off your results to the 3 main Volvo manufacturing facilities within the U.S. You will also be given the opportunity to network with other interns from other universities as you take this journey together.What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Good programming knowledge in Java, Java Script, Python, and low code development skills (e.g. writing reusable code)
- Knowledge about How Sensors Work
- UI-Centric Approach
- Practical experience in developing scripts for tools automation
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals and an appetite for systems thinking
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills in English
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering Design, Mechanical Engineering or Applied Statistics at an accredited school, and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Out of the Box Thinking
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development