Join us on our transformation journey to the digital future!
At Volvo Group Digital & IT
, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product-centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Group IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead.
We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group's ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now. This will be us - your new colleagues within Core Platform Area (CPA) Software & Diagnostics
The Team has the ambition to identify and execute on new digital initiatives supporting embedded software handling in tight collaboration with divisions such as Trucks, Buses, Construction Equipment and many more group's functions. We are on our way to modernize and transform our existing solutions into digital products. Together with our digital talents, we will work on solution design and deliveries to improve business performance and create value at scale for Volvo Group. To do so and deliver the ultimate quality, we collaborate with different parts of our company.
We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts, and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.Role mission & context:
You will be responsible for modifying, maintaining, and implementing new functionalities in an existing application landscape, as well as designing new solutions, and documenting them, implementing new requirements, and enhancements, and maintaining the solutions together with the team, architects, and Product Owners. As an architect, you will work in a team with developers, analysts, and testers on activities related to Manufacturing & Production Execution applications and their surroundings. You will also be active in the daily work with methods, tools, coaching, and improvements.Responsibilities:
Your professional background:
- Working on the team items for CPA Software & Diagnostics delivery, including design reviews and intake for new initiatives
- Modifying, maintaining, and implementing new functionalities in an existing applications/solution
- Designing solutions and documenting them
- Serve as a guide for a team in terms of the possible, and agreed solutions
- Responsible for the performance of the system
- Designing and maintaining high-quality solutions
- Preparing technical documentation
- Presenting the technical solutions and working with the development team on implementing those solutions
Tech skills required to perform the actions:
- Designing and implementing solutions for web and desktop applications in the .NET technology
- Integrating with other systems using web services, WebSphere MQ, or other solutions.
- Experience with SOA
- Working with Agile Scrum also nice to have DevOps
- Nice to have: designing mobile applications
Nice to have tech skills:
- Architecture and design patterns
- Integration patterns
- .NET 4.8, 6 or higher,
- C#, WPF
- WebSphere MQ, Rabbit MQ
- Azure and/or other cloud solutions
- Domain Driven Design
- Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, TFS, Git
- Security knowledge (certification, solutions)
- Entity Framework Core
- Altova XML Spy, ASP.NET, Enterprice Architect
- Knowledge about: IoT, mobile solutions, Azure Stack HCI, EDGE
What's in it for you:
- English – able to communicate well, present the ideas, and discuss them with the team and the stakeholders
- Flexible on roles and responsibilities
- Analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and plan once work
- Proactive approach
What else we can offer you:
- Diverse and impactful work: Collaborate with experts from different domains, expanding your knowledge and contributing to the success of various business areas.
- Professional growth: Benefit from mentorship and training opportunities, unlocking your potential for career advancement within our organization.
- Innovation at heart: Be part of a team that's always exploring new solutions and technologies, driving continuous improvement.
- Cross-functional exposure: Engage with stakeholders across departments, enhancing your interpersonal skills.
- Supportive environment: Join a team that values your input, fosters open communication, and encourages a healthy work-life balance.
- Contract of employment
- Flexible working hours, hybrid work model
- Impact on the development of crucial products of the premium brand on a global scale
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Work-life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Equipment and tools needed in everyday work
- Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
- Private healthcare and MyBenefit cafeteria system
- Volvo League: we run team games in various sports
- Participation in international projects and different pieces of training