Shaping tomorrow’s technology
At Vehicle Technology, we are passionate about unleashing tomorrow’s technology to create sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions making the world a better place for future generations.
We provide easy to integrate, innovative, safe and customer centric services and solutions.
We make our customer operations more efficient using the power of data.
We drive the Volvo Group engineering community with cutting edge tools and methods. Who are we, your new colleagues?
For us in the BASC organization in Vehicle technology working with technology means the aspiration to move forward, to constantly improve and to be better. It means innovative thinking and problem-solving through inspiring teamwork and to come up with technical solutions and services that make the world a better place and to lead the way in partly unchartered territory, always supporting the business of the Volvo Group Customers.
In BASC - Business, Architecture, Services and Connectivity – We put a strong emphasis on Business value in everything we do, and to support the business value in solid and appropriate architecture and corresponding building blocks. Further supporting the realization of groundbreaking Services. Roles and Responsibilities
As the platform strategist you will drive our platform interfaces towards our external third parties that supports our joint customers in their operations both today and tomorrow. Together with these third partis and a Volvo internal network you will build the ecosystem of partners that will make our product the most productive vehicles on the market.
Hence, you are a driving force and use your experience, feedback, and best practices to constantly evolve and improve both self and the many cross-functional teams around you to deliver maximum partner and customer value.
By understanding the partners and customer needs, as well as the opportunities that digitalization brings, you and your colleagues will make sure to leverage the unique advantages that Volvo group can bring, using partnerships as well as proprietary knowledge.
As the Platform Strategist you are also expected to:
- Work with long-term platform business models and implementation roadmap
- Rapid Platform Experimentation: Plan and perform experiment and test assumptions.
- Minimum Viable Platform: Grow partnership and 3pp collaboration.
- Platform Architecture: Drive data and enabling capabilities.
- Platform User behavior
- Identify and create new partnerships based on evolving architectures and industry standards.
- Have deep insight in Volvo Group offering and constantly strive to improve and stay current with a Cross organization network.
As BASC is what we call a “framing” organization for all of Vehicle Technology, an additional requirement for the position is to be proactive in this framing capacity, making sure we bring the absolute best out of the collective organizations. It is also Crucial to work cross organization with our colleagues outside VTec to safeguard a E2E perspective for our third-party partners.
Your most important attribute is your ability to challenge status-quo and to continuously coach, grow cross functional capabilities. Hence, you are very goal oriented and a strong network-builder with excellent communication skills as this job involves a lot of collaboration. Relevant Experience
- Master of Science in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Several years of experience of building and using open platforms like Linux and Android
- Strong experience and a genuine desire in understanding and improving our partners and customer’s operations through open standardized platforms.
- A strong Business-driven mindset
- A large network both internally AB Volvo and externally throughout the ecosystem of tech and service providers in our industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
In this role you will be reporting to the Director of Business and Partner Development in BASC. We Value Your Wellbeing
Volvo Group believes in diversity, equity, and inclusion and offers a safe environment to grow. Use your open mind and can-do attitude to help us steer our transportation solutions toward a more sustainable tomorrow.
Come, join us as we take our solutions into a new era and make modern life possible. Let's drive progress together. For further information, please contact
Ingmar Bengtsson, Director Business & Partner development at BASC. email@example.com Apply here!