Senior Vehicle Electronics Engineer
Are you a passionate engineer willing to join a team working with our next-generation electronics truck platform? Then this job is for you!
We are a team passionate about trucking who care for customer uptime, safety, and profitability. Together we develop the solutions for the world’s future sustainable and autonomous transportation.
Join the Vehicle Electronics Group
Vehicle Electronics EEVC North America is responsible for delivering technical solutions for electronics hardware and embedded software for hundreds of functions, including body, brakes, suspension, steering, air production management & tire pressure monitoring for Volvo & Mack truck brands in North American markets.
While we ensure current and future legal demands are specified, implemented, tested, and integrated, we also ensure future technology enablers are part of our solutions, including vehicle automation, electromobility, & vehicle connectivity.
You will be joining a highly motivated & dedicated team responsible for developing specifications, work with internal and external suppliers for deliveries, and later integrating the results into project vehicles to ensure deliveries meet the market demands. The team is self-organized, empowered, and operates in Agile mode to be faster and more efficient in taking on complex everyday challenges.
While the position offers interestingly complex and challenging assignments, we are also proud to be part of Volvo’s world-class global culture. We value knowledge, career growth, prosperity with fun-loving colleagues, making Volvo a great place to work.
Primarily deliver vehicle functions, dynamics, and ADAS technical solutions by utilizing hardware and software currently in production or being developed on the next generation electronics platform and modify to fit the needs of the North American market.
- Develop new hardware & software that is specific to North American markets where necessary.
- Detail and specify requirements to both internal & external suppliers
- Plan and keep track of the progress and manage risks
- Document design solutions to match the sales variants
- Ensure solutions are verified and validated against requirements
- Meet applicable regulations for current and future years
- Cover applicable market-specific and customer-specific needs
- Respect product positioning strategies and align at the best level amongst competitors
- Develop solutions that are futuristic and scalable while keeping cost low
- You will join our development located in Greensboro, and you will collaborate daily with our colleagues in Gothenburg (Sweden), Bangalore (India), and Lyon (France).
- To achieve your mission and build your network, you will also be traveling occasionally.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required in Electrical Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-8 Years of experience in Embedded Software and/or Automotive Electronics required.
- Truck or Passenger Auto Industry experience is heavily favored.
- Possess prior experience working with Body control modules, ABS, ADAS systems as component owner
- Knowledge of North American regulations applicable to commercial transportation would be a plus
- Sound understanding of CAN & LIN networks & protocols
- Ability to understand and break down system-level requirements into components and end-user functions
- Expertise in design documentation and software configuration and linking them to sales variants or similar
- Comfortable working with project management processes and agile large solution teams/ trains.
Has good communication skills in English, both verbal and written, and experience communicating with global teams across the world.
Ability to work in a team and sometimes independently without supervision.
As a person, you are open-minded, proactive, provide ideas, and drive them to fruition.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.