Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will Be Doing
We at Volvo Group are continuously on the lookout for strong talent as we continue to grow and develop as an organization. You are the building blocks of what makes our company successful in today’s marketplace! Because of this we are currently searching for Logistics Managers to join our team bench for new and upcoming positions coming available at the beginning of 2022!
This position is responsible for overseeing activities related to the supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order maximize the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, this role-plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors. A Warehouse Logistics Manager optimizes the supply chain. This includes all the business processes that a product undergoes until it arrives at the end customer.
- Manage the flow of all raw material and finished product, including inbound shipments receipts, internal flows within the warehouse and to/from the production line, interplant shipments, and outbound finished goods shipments
- Document step-by-step procedures for the internal logistics process
- Ensure all inventories on hand are handled properly in SAP throughout the reconciliation process and month-end closing
- Coach and mentor inventory coordinator
- Develop and document procedures to maintain dock and storage facilities in an organized manner
- Work closely with employees to communicate and educate on work instructions, policies, procedures and process improvement initiatives
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the supply chain in the introduction of new products, like:
- Plan For Every Part (PFEP)
- Inventory control
- MRP parameters
- Landed cost analysis
- Warehousing layout
- Establish Key Performance Indicators related to strategy that track progress
- Identify process improvements and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Focus on 5S, safety and infrastructure improvements as it relates to the production and warehouse environment
- Manage and grow existing relationships with 3rd party companies
- Manage transport logistics (both continental and international)
- Negotiate with suppliers, logistics service providers, customers and other chain partners about the purchase of raw materials, packaging materials, transport, etc.
- Formulate RFQ’s for any necessary logistics related equipment
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors
- Provide training as needed to other team members
Key Targets and Results
- Fulfilment of financial and operational key supply chain KPI’s
- Technical: Have insight into production processes
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results and also consider the differences we have in culture and production demands. Strong sense of responsibility
- Concern for Effectiveness: Focusing attention on performance results, considering how work affects operating efficiency, and taking into account both the long term and the short term consequences of actions
- Feeling of Sales: Customer-oriented and have good financial insight
- Interpersonal Influence: Building strong work relationships and adjusting to how individuals, organizational units, and cultures
- Change Facilitation: Functioning as a catalyst for change and finding ways to overcome organizational obstacles and personal resistance to needed changes
- Analytical Skills: Can analyze business processes well and make connections. Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations, or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of production/warehouse management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- 2-5 years of proven experience managing inventory and order reconciliation
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain operations and best practices
- Understanding of Volvo Operations Concept (VOC) and Volvo Production System (VPS) is a plus
- Experience working in cross-functional and multicultural team
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and automotive transportation industry
- Demonstrated lean manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated experience with VMI and/or inventory control
- AutoCAD experience
- SAP experience
Necessary Technical/Functional/Language Skills/Proven leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively within a local and international environment
- Ideal candidate will have an intrapreneurship spirt and the ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical, critical and creative thinking, judgment, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems and unit operations
- Must be proficient in the MS Office
- Strong understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses is a preferred
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.