ESW Application Engineer (Test Developer): Connectivity
The Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle technology is to secure the telematics, Entertainment and Connected Services are deployed on all truck brands in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the GTT to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Connectivity develops software for telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
We are developing Telematics software unit that will be verified using automation framework. It is a Python based automation framework and interacts with CI/CD process. The main focus of the team is to do the analysis of nightly execution and drive towards green nightly objectives. This is an automated process and requires python, Jenkins and test software development competency. You would join a team of highly skilled and well organized product development team with colleagues in USA, Sweden, France, India and Japan.
The position holder will report to Group Manager, Test Automation and Verification Framework, Connectivity.ROLE DESCRIPTION
WHO ARE YOU?
- Validate python packages or test framework that are used in verification framework
- Perform nightly analysis of automated test results to verify software and framework
- Work in a Kanban team and support SAFe release trains
- Contribute to the design and long-term vision of the verification framework
- Drive innovative solutions to automation challenges
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?In return we offer:
- 4-5 years of solid experience in Python development and CAPL development
- Have worked with continuous integration and delivery
- Automotive protocols CAN, Ethernet and preferred protocols like Bluetooth, Wifi etc
- Good understanding of GIT,JIRA ,Jenkins and Confluence
- Good understanding of Canoe, Vector Tools and VT Systems
- Basics of CI/CD concepts
- Good understanding of programming with Arduino
- Have understanding of system design, software architecture and good software engineering practices
- Be able to drive a software development project forward and take on responsibility that extends beyond just implementing code.
- Have worked in writing unit and integration tests; having experience in mocking external dependencies such as databases and APIs is very meriting.
- Have worked in developing one or more of the following: database solutions, REST APIs and data analysis flows.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active and open minded with interest in software debugging
- BE/M.tech in Computer science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in providing solutions for automation of verification activities in software or component level within automotive domain
- Good design & analysis knowledge to perform the reviews with the development team
- Experienced at working in a global organization with cross functional interaction
- Awareness of AGILE WOW.
- Professional challenges in the exciting field of connectivity and infotainment.
- A workplace where growth of our employees is in focus.
- A chance to make a difference in our path toward Analysis and continuous development
- Challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology.
- We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual
- A great team which will make every day great
“The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behaviour and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey”.Location: