Director – Electronics & Software Engineering
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment.
Being part of our team means being a part of highly skilled and proud professionals who work with passion and trust.
Volvo Penta develop world-leading complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, with the strong vision to be leader in sustainable power solutions. We are an exciting and highly innovative company facing many positive challenges and opportunities. We embrace the change to stay ahead and now it is time for us to prepare the next generation products and solutions.
We are now looking for the Director Electronics & Software Engineering within Product and Solution Development (PSD) at Volvo Penta.
- Engineering and Technology, lead the department responsible for Electronics, Controls and Software development within R&D at Volvo Penta
- Budget, accountable for department budget and engineering costs within your field of responsibility
- Inhouse Software, lead the team and processes for inhouse software development and verification as well as software developed at partners and within the Volvo Group
- Validation & Verification, responsible for verification and validation of the control system on complete vehicle/vessel level. Establishing toolchain and methods for continues integration and software in the loop and hardware in the loop verification
- Leading others, you have the responsibility for a department of 70 team members, you are leading leaders and highly motivated engineers, building knowledge and developing key competence areas
- Development of working processes and practices within your area of responsibility in the quest for continuous improvement
- Speed in execution and creating flow is a key asset for the role
- Member management team, the management is a global team, covering all core processes of Product Development; including Technology Development, Mechanical & Electrical design, Software & Connectivity solutions, Verification & Validation and Project Management. Everyone in the team has a great opportunity to influence the future of Volvo Penta.
- Dedication to customer success, ability to build deep understanding of customer needs and capability to translate this into vision and plans supporting the overall targets for the R&D community.
- Hands on visionary, meaning the ability to convey a compelling vision but also the competence to bring it down to real roadmaps and actions.
- Teamwork and collaborative spirit, to be able to build on the pool of knowledge and assets within Volvo Penta, the broader Volvo Group as well as external partners.
- Leadership. You are capable of leading and motivating your entire team to further build processes and skills to execute set plans and meet set targets. Your quest for continuous improvements is a key asset.
- Extensive Engineering experience, with a passion for Electronics, Controls and Software development in a marine and industrial environment.
We believe you have a University degree as the basis for your career. You are fluent in English both in business and privately as well as in speaking and writing.
As the most successful candidate you will show a winning attitude and great persona in combination with a strong track record and references. In prioritizing candidates, we will pay attention to matching your profile to our team diversity since we have a strong belief in the diversity aspect within our organization. Our people make the difference
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Last application date is 23th of January
For further information, please contact:
Hiring Manager: Johan Hallnéus, Vice President Product & Solutions Development, +46 708-206532
HR contact: Teresa Krook email@example.com
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.