As a Quality Assurance Specialist in Volvo Group IT you shall be designing, planning and implementing test plans & frameworks that support numerous deliveries within Solution Center Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks North America. You'll have opportunity to engage with delivery teams in defining and expanding on test automation strategy across the whole unit.
- Gather and manage test data
- Execute manual test cases as per defined criteria and maintain test results
- Report test status and work status regularly to assignment manager
- Create manual or automated test scripts as needed and make sure defined coding standards are followed
- Track defect(s) and ensure all required details are added while reporting a defect
- Recognize possible testing risk
- Plan, deploy and manage test team and test activities
- Ensure test requirements are reviewed, clear and testable, including IT Security
- Identify and describe opportunities for non-functional test activities
- Co-ordinate with various stakeholders to get adequate requirement details to test
- Ensure that manual/automated test scripts are reviewed, and all review comments are closed
- Maintain traceability between test/project artifacts
- Deliver test deliverables according to project control models
- Provide inputs to the project manager/delivery manager and the project team about potential risks, current quality of the product and status of test activities
- Ensure all defects are correctly reported, analysed, assigned or escalated when needed
- Support during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and ensure that the test data is correct
- Identify and describe appropriate test techniques to provide efficient test solutions
- Estimate effort of software testing based on provided requirements
- Secure that review process is implemented, and all test artifacts are reviewed as per standard review process
- Create complex manual/automation test scripts
In the area of test management:
Review test documentation like test plan, test report etc.
Participate in root cause analysis (RCA) and help team to identify corrective & preventive actions
Define test metrics in project and do the test reporting thru the defined test metrics
Support the project/test team during quality audits
Recommend release changes with respect to time, scope, etc. to the project manager if necessary (based on the product quality and business value)
Measure test efficiency and finding ways to improve
Co-ordinate user validation testing (UVT) / end to end (E2E) test in project
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, HP ALM, UFT
- Experience with CI/CD
- API testing experience
- Demonstrated experience in implementing test automation frameworks.
- DB: Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience in SCRUM methodology
- Effective verbal, written communication skills and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Following Competencies Are “A Plus”
- Azure DevOps
- jMeter or similar performance tools
- Pega, Salesforce
- Microsoft Dynamics
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL)
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Five years testing/automation experience
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.