Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mission/Purpose of Job
The person in this role works as a programming specialist in the remote diagnostics group. This individual manages remote software and parameter update duties as well as remote fault code monitoring as provided thru onboard telematics hardware. They will provide fault code monitoring support and high-level fault code definition and possible repair options to customers as well as other Volvo Group personnel as needed. This person will also act as first level support for customers that encounter concerns or failures while updating vehicle software or parameter changes that were initiated remotely thru either agent guided or DDA services. They will also support all future services that may be developed and deployed via our onboard telematics systems.
- Manage remote vehicle software and parameter updates thru both Agent guided as well as batch and remote campaign tool updates.
- Interact with customer and/or driver during the remote update process to ensure proper steps are performed and documented.
- Identify any issues during the remote update and take proper actions to resolve or mitigate any issue.
- Act as first level support to help resolve any failures that may occur during remote software updates or remote parameter changes thru both agent guided or DDA services.
- Actively analyse remote diagnostic cases and support as needed.
- Provide fault code reading and general definition of active faults as well as possible actions to resolve faults when possible as needed to our Volvo /Mack customers. This may include helping to locate repairing dealers with needed parts.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the Uptime Support Specialists that helps determine the best course of action in a breakdown situation. This also includes encouraging the agents to ask the proper questions that may lead to the most efficient way to tackle the problem.
- Actively participate in the constant development of the team including its working procedures and its work environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate individuals or groups to ensure success in daily activities.
- Work with the other Uptime Center team members to ensure proper communication and case hand-over.
- Provide feedback /recommendations about the remote update process to team lead and Supervisor in order to streamline the process, so best in class service can be delivered to customers.
- Work closely with On-Boarding representatives to ensure proper customer contact information is being utilized.
- Support all Volvo Group initiatives for both brands (Volvo/Mack) in support for the customer (core focus: vehicle uptime, fix right first time, controlling cost).
- Support any remote monitoring or remote update services that may be needed to support current products as well as new products and technology as they are developed and deployed such as EMOB or other future products.
- This function requires excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, & Windows environments).
- Accuracy and timeliness in the performance of duties.
- Able to manage, prioritize time, and be able to function in a high volume environment.
- Must have class 8 hands on mechanical experience or strong industry knowledge.
- Problem Solving
- Must be a team player.
- Analytical Thinking
- Must have people and leadership skills.
- Business and Customer Focus
- Information Seeking
- Initiative (self-motivated)
- Learning from Experience
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or 2-4 years of hands-on mechanical experiences within the automotive, class 8, construction, bus, or boating industries preferred.
- Customer service experiences a plus.
- Heavy Duty Class 8 ASE Tech Certification beneficial
- Military mechanical training and experience beneficial.
- Military mechanical experience, vocational school training/degree, ASE Mechanical certificate or equivalent, and/or relevant work experience.
- ASE Technical certifications are highly recommended.
- Customer service experiences a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative problem solving, research, motivational, teambuilding and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of Vehicle parameters and system dependencies `
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.