Are You Looking for a Rewarding Experience? You Should Consider Joining Us this Summer!
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for more than 100 years and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
Where We Live…
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself!
A Little Bit About Our Team…
The Product Development team develops and maintains complete gasoline power systems for marine operations, including gasoline engines, transmissions and electronics (excluding the EVC-system developed by CPAC Systems).
Our Product Development team is looking for an Intern to serve as an Intern: Engineering Support-Gas Engines out of our Test Center in Suffolk, Virginia this summer from May 23, 2022 to August 12, 2022. This role will assist the department in ensuring company objectives and meeting year-end goals. In this role, you will be provided an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment while developing invaluable work experience.
What is the Job?
As an intern, you will be responsible for providing support to our Product Development team. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Serving as an entry-level engineer working under an experienced engineer. You will be responsible for specific tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Assisting and participating in discussions and actions regarding planning and completing engineering projects in CAD within an area of assignment. Emphasis is placed on improving the level of expertise, and further developing intern’s knowledge, originality, analysis, and interaction within the department and detailed documentation and report writing as it related to completing design engineering projects.
- In addition, you will be responsible for completing work requirements to Volvo Standards and using proper methods of design and verification required to complete assignments.
- Performing other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives.
As an intern working with our Product Development team, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues as well as experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you a self-starter looking for a challenging opportunity?
To be successful in this role, you will need to be both a strong team player and proactive self-starter who likes to take initiative, has great attention to detail, likes solving complex problems, and has a knack for project management.
As with all of our intern positions here in Volvo Penta, you will need an eagerness to learn, like to work independently and have a readiness for responsibility, as well as have excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook as well as database programs is required as is experience with using and running basic office equipment—phone, copier, fax, etc.—is necessary.
Excellent, professional communication skills—both written and oral—is needed in order to successfully communicate with both external and internal customers.
Education & Experience Must Haves:
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in Mechanical, Automotive, or Electrical Engineering, or related field, at an accredited school and must have completed at minimum of at least 60 semester hours of coursework prior to the start of the internship.
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required in order to qualify for this position.
- When applying to this position, please keep in mind that you must be a current student who is scheduled to graduate after May 2022.
- Basic knowledge of Volvo Penta engine products is a plus.
- Must be able to start the internship on May 23, 2022.
- You must provide your own reliable transportation to work.
- You must provide your own living arrangements in the local area.
Are you ready to join a team?
- Competitive, hourly compensation
- Various employee discounts
- A chance to show us what you got!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an intern with our Product Development team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.