The Solution Architect, Salesforce, is responsible for driving the architectural roadmap for our Salesforce platform as well as providing continuous support to our delivery organization.
This role is expected to work closely with the agile delivery team to shape the solution. This requires that the architect can function at the technical level having Salesforce deep knowledge, as well as work with the business speaking in non-technical language.
This role is also expected to work with enterprise architects’ team, for governance and strategic view of business capabilities, processes, information model and supporting IT Solution portfolios and infrastructure. Coordination is necessary between architects within the domain teams, overall enterprise portfolio, and other units.
In this role you’ll interact with stakeholders and global teams to ensure that business needs are fulfilled – both related to one-time and run-time deliveries. You will have great opportunities to influence our way of working and drive continuous improvements together with the teams. For this position we put a high focus on interpersonal skills and attitude. You are passionate about people, customer value and technology. You have a proven record of the ability to take decisions and create strong networks.
In this role you will be reporting Chapter Lead Salesforce Platform China.
• Collaborate with product owners, business subject matter experts, and technical team members to translate business needs into technical solutions
• Collaborate with other solution architects, enterprise architects, product owners and developers to solve technical challenges, while leveraging technical best practices and solution patterns for the Salesforce platform
• Individual contributor with comprehensive knowledge of the Salesforce platform, including technical and functional capabilities
• Review and advise on Salesforce platform solutions to ensure they comply with leading Salesforce architecture and development practices
• Secures implementation according to Target Architectures within Volvo Group and promoting execution according to Architecture definitions and principles
• Understands business drivers and capabilities needed to determine solution architecture and deliver solutions to support the organization’s targeted business outcomes
• Contribute to the enterprise architecture for a variety of projects, working closely with the business, operations, application development, and security teams to deliver a cohesive and adaptable solution architecture
• Provides leadership in developing the organization's technical staff.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
• Assists in developing and maintaining current and planned state architectural blueprints.
• Communicates architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies.
• In collaboration with architects’ community, drive implementation of solution roadmaps in line with target architecture for the solution portfolios within appointed responsibilities
• Salesforce Certified System Architect and/or Application Architect credentials
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Effective verbal, written communication skills and relationship building skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
• A plus if with holistic view of the enterprise, its business capabilities, processes, information model and supporting IT portfolio.
• Balanced understanding of long term and short term perspectives.
• Fluent in both Chinese and English (written and spoken)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
• Ideal candidate will have 4 to 7 years of experience related to enterprise level platforms with specific focus on CRM
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
• Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process
• Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
• Ideal candidate must have a strong background in Salesforce, both functional and technical spanning at least 7+ years
• Documented history of successful Salesforce implementations