Do you want to be a part of an organization developing solutions to address today’s global challenges? Would you thrive in an environment where you can work alongside some of the most skilled engineers in the transportation industry? Does shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions excite you?
If so, Volvo Group is seeking a Lead Systems Verification Engineer to join our Vehicle Autonomous Solutions team in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
Volvo Autonomous Solutions (V.A.S.) is a new entity within the Volvo Group with the mission to offer transport and material handling solutions never seen before.
Currently there are about 200 people within V.A.S.. The majority of the team is located in Gothenburg Sweden, with a mixture of technical and commercial expertise. The Greensboro based team is expanding, to allow us to support our US objectives. We are also leveraging the expertise of a select few world class external technology partnerships, to accelerate the work towards successful product developments. Together we will continue to form a team that is stronger than the sum of its parts and is ready to tackle the big challenges we have ahead of us.
The US Hub to Hub Highway segment is one of Volvo Autonomous Solutions top prioritized segments. The current mission of the US based team is to lead the development and commercialization of the newest automated truck solutions for this Hub to Hub application. This Program Manager role will play a fundamental part in the future growth of our team and our ability to meet the challenges of the North American Hub to Hub market segment.What You Will be Doing
As Lead Systems Verification Engineer within the Volvo Autonomous Solutions team, you will be a key actor involved with the activities related to the verification of our Hub to Hub autonomous vehicle projects. You will work in a global, cross functional, cross organizational team within Volvo and will have active involvement with world class technology partners, all with the objective to develop and deliver the Volvo Hub to Hub Autonomous Driving Truck.
You will be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Working closely with local and global Verification & Validation (V&V) teams to verify the proper system functionality of the automation enabled truck
- Working closely with a global team of development engineers to clearly understand the required functionalities and capabilities of the vehicle systems within the automation enabled truck
- Playing a critical role in delivering systems in accordance to the defined methods and expected inputs and outputs
- Working in situations where product and procedures are outlines, however, the work requires ability to perform analysis and draw conclusions from delivered test results.
- Analyzing test results and resolve or provide potential solutions to test results
- Securing quality and readiness before product release
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 8-12+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in electronic system verification, preferably within automotive.
- Thorough knowledge of heavy duty truck electronic systems and their functionalities, including typical vehicle communications network technologies and tools
- Good knowledge of electronics and functionalities within vehicle automation systems
- Structured approach to quick and efficient problem investigation and resolution
- Proven work organization skills
- Customer oriented and want to be in daily contact with our product.
- Must be able to travel up to ~25% of the time to support system verification activities at remote test facilities
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Curiosity for new technologies and willingness to learn new skills
- Being a strong team player
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier