Are you a passionate leader with strong interest of developing new solutions in the areas of Electronics, Electromobility, Automation and Connectivity for Volvo Group in North America?
Perfect, here’s a great opportunity coming your way!Who are we?
The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) department in Greensboro develops solutions for Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks. We develop new solutions and maintain these in close cooperation with technology teams and our suppliers in a truly global environment.
We are growing significantly and to meet our challenges, we are creating section manager positions. The sections are (1) EE Architecture and Power Management, (2) Vehicle Functions and Connectivity, (3) Wiring and Installation, and (4) Integration, Build and Testing. About the job
As Section manager you will lead teams developing solutions for Vehicle and Driver Electronics, Active Safety, Infotainment and Connectivity. You will work with hardware and software for diesel trucks as well as electromobility and autonomous vehicles.
In close collaboration with development teams in Europe and India you will lead the cross-functional work from strategy definition, development, release and maintenance.
As a Section Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading development within your scope
- Leading, coaching and developing managers and engineers in your section
- Defining roadmaps and strategies
- Defining technical concepts and solutions on component & system level
- Delivering projects on time with right quality and according to budget
- Developing interfaces towards other functions to support deliveries
- Developing work force plans and competencies for the future
In this position, you will report to the Chief Engineer Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity in Greensboro and take an active part in the leadership team to contribute to the overall development of the department. Who are you?
You are an experienced and passionate leader with a keen interest in both technology and people development. You thrive in the complex development world of electronics and software, and really like to deal with both hands-on deliveries as well as strategic planning and managing several teams with highly professional engineers.
You are a skilled communicator and team builder, good at networking and with experience from large platform projects and you have led technically complex development projects. Most likely you have experience from agile methodologies and global organization.Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Electrical engineering, or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in Product Development within the automotive industry
- Leadership experience with direct reports is a must. Leading leaders is an advantage
- Experience in Project management of large projects is a great advantage
- Experience from Agile development methods is a great advantage
- Documented experience from electrical hardware and software development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of systems engineering, quality assurance methods and documentation
- Strategic thinking, translating opportunities into purposeful actions
- Proven experience in building effective teams to achieve common goals
- Effective communicator gain commitment
- Can do-attitude, rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Ability to drive cross functional and global network and overcome roadblocks
- Accountable, well organized, analytical, business-focused, and holistic mind-set
As a manager within EEVC Engineering you are expected to have a strong business mind-set, be positive and interested in developing people as well as technology. What can we offer you?
We can offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience that will contribute to your future development within the Volvo Group. You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products. Teamwork, energy, passion, and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.Compensation & Benefits
Are you ready to join us in building the world we want to live in?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier